1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures from our day at Old Sturbridge Village

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henrietta23, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We're members and go up every few weeks or so. This weekend they were hosting a Revoluntionary War encampment which was HUGE! I thought folks on here would enjoy a couple pictures of their chickens, as well as the 3 and 6 week old calves, whom I happened to catch a picture of as they galloped up the field. Pure luck!!
    From today, from a bit of a distance: [​IMG]
    From a few weeks ago:[​IMG]Today, in the barn, she found a nifty hiding place while everyone was getting ready to watch the battle![​IMG]From today:[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Great pics! I love the ones of the calves, priceless [​IMG]

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks! As you can imagine Alex was ready to climb in there with them and they were sweet enough that they would have let him. They were up at the fence and he was able to pet them for the longest time. Their names are Pilgrim and Belle.

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Thanks! As you can imagine Alex was ready to climb in there with them and they were sweet enough that they would have let him. They were up at the fence and he was able to pet them for the longest time. Their names are Pilgrim and Belle.

I like the little brown and white one. Maybe you guys could get a cow instead of goats [​IMG] [​IMG] I can pictures the look on your DH's face [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    fun. What were the chickens, Old English games? that one roo has a great set of spurs.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    What cute pics [​IMG]

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice, love the calves - feelin good! lol. The first pic of the roo looked like a "cone head" from Saturday night live! lol [​IMG]

8. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Great pictures!! [​IMG] I love the calves as well, they look so happy. [​IMG]

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:That's my question too. Sturbridge Village prides itself on it's historical accuracy.
    The workers dress is period clothing and even speak that way.

I once asked a woman where do all the "kids" sleep. The houses were small and
    the families large. She kept insisting the barn, they slept in the barn.

10. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    I asked when I went last year what sort of chickens they were, and they said they started with some historical breeds but since then the chickens have sort of run wild, mating with each other. They just put out feed for whatever chickens happen to show up at feeding time, so now they are all mutts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by