Pictures from this morning-feel free to identify breed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mom 2em All, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I took pictures of Quackers and Jax and the little ones this morning. The baby mallard is getting big- the muscovy too, but not too much.
    Im at a loss still on what the black and grey ducklings are- and also Quackers and Jax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eta:
    Shouldn't Jax have his drake feather by now? They were Easter ducklings. I guess him male because he doesnt quack (thank goodness, Quackers is loud enough for an army of ducks!) and because he has recently decided that Quackers IS a girl and he should be doing something- he just isnt sure what.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quackers and Jax look like hatchery-quality Fawn & White Indian Runners - Wifezilla has one that looks a lot like them. [​IMG]

3. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    they came from a hatchery to the pet store where they insisted they were Pekins. lol. But they are really getting big. Possible for a hatchery to screw up and have runner-pekin mixes?

4. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Possibly - who knows? [​IMG]

They look very Runner-ish to me though.

Oh, and the Black and Gray ducklings - I'm thinking that they could be Cayugas? Cayugas come in Black AND Blue - there's a picture of a flock of both Black and Blue ones here, halfway down the page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1522870

Unless
    they have a white bib (I can't tell in the picture). If they're Bibbed, I'd guess Swedish. [​IMG]

5. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Definately 2 Fawn and White Runners , Caunga, and possibly a Blue Swedish. [​IMG]

6. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    LOL! I am going to go outside right now and tell Quackers and Jax that they are runners, and they need to stand up straight- because they don't. lol. Probably too fat to stand upright nice and tall.

And I am so curious about the grey and black ones. The black one is starting to get in some feathers to where he/she looks speckled. Not as in it will be speckled, just looks funny with the feathers starting now.
    Weird beaks on them, and I call the grey one my goose because she/he is so big!
    They hate me and stay far away but I love them anyhow.
    Quackers and Jax do not hate me, they come up to me whenever I squat down.

eta:
    more pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by