Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
My garden:
DSC01483.jpg

Close up of cucumbers:
DSC01489.jpg

Baby corn (there's about 8 rows) If you see little squash plants in between rows it's because I tilled in compost from my chicken poop pile and there were some squash seeds in the compost pile from rotten squash, pretty cool. I ended up with about 30 extra squash plants because of it:
DSC01488.jpg

Clothesline:
DSC01484.jpg

Weeping Willow:
DSC01485.jpg

One of my rain barrels:
DSC01487.jpg

New fencing for the goat pen:
DSC01481.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

Part of the goat pen:
DSC01482.jpg

Now here's a video of the fencing for the new goat pen. We're getting the goats the weekend after next (hopefully). At the end of the video I point the camera towards the chicken yard, that's where the goat house will be. The video doesn't do the area justice, it is a large area. Plenty big enough for 2 Nigerian Dwarf does.

Edited to add: In the garden you may see a snake...it's fake. Danny thinks it'll scare birds off.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! We have a little over 3 acres. 2 acres of that is wooded and the house is on an acre right in the middle of the property. It's great in the summer, you can't see anything but green all around us.

That's a huge area for your critters! Nice. I swore I saw a snake in your garden (or was it one of those plastic ones?!)

Quote:
My birds are doing great! In the video when I walk to the back of the chicken pen you can see Blind Tiny on her ramp. I'm getting goats mostly for milking. I'm hoping to get a mother and female baby, that way I can have one already producing milk. I plan on having my own source of milk as well as make butter and cheese from it. I'm very excited.

Quote:
My DH put that in there to scare away birds. IDK if it works and I've never had problems with birds in the garden anyway but whatever. LOL

I think it works! We had a big fake snake in our strawberry patch to keep the birds out!!

Back
Top Bottom