1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures in our signature

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by jeremy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease somehow have pictures in our signature?

Why aren't they allowed now? The reason that I think of right off the top of my head is the image size, people linking huge pictures in their signature. How hard would it be though to only allow banner size images or smiley sized images in our signatures?

I really, really want to add this smiley to my signature.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Please no- for the reason that it makes it very hard for me to follow the treads with pictures between every post.

If you really love the picture that much you could keep the IMG code copied on your My BYC page or your own computer and stick it on every post- most ppl won't bother with that and it leave up the no pict sig thing.

That pict is cute BTW.

But why are big girl panties (already) brown?

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Pics in siggies are probably not the best idea, as it would make following threads difficult. If you really want to, you could make it your avatar.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We decided early on that this wasn't going to be a feature we'd add here. Too easy to abuse and too much work for our staff to police.

5. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
    Quote:For an example of this, just visit any BMW forum on the internet. [​IMG]

6. 44Wolves

44Wolves Here is Your New Title

Jun 28, 2009
    I would HATE having pics in our siggies, They would be FULL of those irritating Banners saying your name in Sparkles or Pictures of You and your name and BYC would turn into one of those Junky, Bad, Ugly, Annoying Sites I literally BLOCK every time I see one.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Pardon me for being old and bold, but I feel the same way about siggies that have a rainbow of hard to read lettering and an overdose of smilies. [​IMG]

edited for poor spelling

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  8. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    x2 ranchhand

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:What??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] How could you say that? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't know why you think so! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (JK [​IMG] )

10. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I'm flash blind after seeing that reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by