[Pictures] Mystery chicks

Jen A

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Just started our own flock of chickens, bought 6 chicks to start. There were 2 mystery chicks that apparently came in a batch of Production Reds. One was grey/white fluff with black/white speckled feathers coming in, the other one had 0 feathers at all, all brown fluff. They were ~2 weeks old when we got them. Apparently they came with the Production Reds by accident.

The shop owner told us they had Easter Egger or perhaps Amaracauna in them.

----

The first one I call "Fluffy Cheeks" because she has poofballs on her cheeks but hasn't earned a name yet. They are the SAME age and probably 4-5 weeks old now. Fluffy Cheeks has barely any feathers, she looks silly.

Fluffy Cheeks

Lil scraggly

Some attempt at wings coming in. Wide feathers with curled tips?

Blue/green legs :)

------

Heres the other mystery chick. They said both were female, but we're believing this lil' jerk is a rooster. His name is Rowdy, fits him well. Hes feathered way faster than Fluffy Cheeks.

Wider comb than the rest of the bunch, slightly pink. His legs also have a slight blue tint to them.

Any idea on species/gender?

Hmm, mine is feathering out super quickly, you could have another cockerel.
hmm.png
Mine is 2 weeks and has more feathers than fluffy cheeks.

Hmm, mine is feathering out super quickly, you could have another cockerel.
hmm.png
Mine is 2 weeks and has more feathers than fluffy cheeks.
Oh lord. I was hoping for blue eggs.

Anyone else backing this up? Guess its hard to tell with fluffy since theres no feathers to go on. Comb is not pink at all though.

Fluffy Cheeks could be a pullet, but usually when a chick is a runt or it doesn't get it's feathers very quickly, it's a cock.
sad.png
sorry.

Haha fair enough.

The mystery continues!

Maybe I'll post a picture much later to show the results, I'm sure some are curious :)

---

Can 2 roosters live in the same coop, or does it cause territorial/dominance problems?

Back
Top Bottom