Pictures of 2 Mystery Chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Orange Ribbon, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Both of these chickens were bought at Tractor Supply. The first picture is of what is supposed to be an Australorp, but I don't think that is what it is. I got several of these and most of them look the same although a couple are solid black with blue iridescence.

[​IMG]

The next two pictures are of what were supposed to be Golden Comets, though I am doubtful. These have gold and white barring along with black speckles on the neck and back.

[​IMG]

Here is a close up:

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts?

2. lauriruth

lauriruth Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow...that's NOT an Australorpe, for certain. and the barring on #2 is stunning, but not a Golden Comet!!! they're x's of something! but, wow...how unusual looking!! Lucky you!

3. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I DO like them regardless. [​IMG] I call the one in the first picture with the straw colored neck Haystack. I have 4 of what I am calling the "Gold Delaware Barred Chickens." LOL. They are sort of unusual from what I gather. I think they may all be roosters though. [​IMG] They are very outgoing to say the least. I throw out feed for all the chickens, then get a cup full of feed which I give my geese by hand, and here come those four. They jump up and down trying to get something out of the cup! They even fly up and crawl all over me trying to get it. I put some on the ground for them, but they only want what is in the cup. They just kill me. I love them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by