Pictures of 7 Day old Chick Embryo - Graphic

jberger10

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
Unfortunatlly I had an accident with one of my 24 eggs I had in the incubator which resulted in a very damaged shell. I felt extremely terrible. However i thought I would take the opportunity to take some pictures and share it with you guys. Hope you dont find them too disturbing

53181_img_0445.jpg

This is day 7 embryo

53181_img_0447.jpg

again the embryo

53181_img_0450.jpg

This is a picture where you can see the albumen

A tragedy but I hope it can be educational

Last edited:
Sorry about the loss, but those are fascinating pictures. I have often wondered what an early embryo would look like in one of my eggs. It was great to see the scale as well.

Thanks for sharing!!

Liz

It really makes you appreciate the whole developement from a simple egg into a chick

Interesting pic and very informative, it would be nice if you put *graphic* in your title though. I thought it was going to be a candeling pictures, this was fine for me but would of totally freaked out my little boy who often asks to see chick pictures when he knows I'm on byc.

is that big round black part the eye?

seeing stuff like this really makes me wonder how people can not believe that all animals are related to humans in some way or another.

Fascinating! I've had an unfortunate accident with an egg on about day 10, and while it was definently sad, what I got to see was amazing.

Quote:
Yes the round black part is an eye. Its amazing because a human embryo does not look THAT different

Back
Top Bottom