Pictures of Americaunas from ideal?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wildriverswolf90, Feb 13, 2012.

1. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    I ordered some “Americaunas” from ideal. And I was wondering if anybod had any pictures of theirs that also came from ideal!??! Just so I can what mine will look like when older!

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

They are actully going to be EES of all colors. Its very rare for a hatchery to send pure breed amaeracanas

3. wildriverswolf90

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Yeah I was pretty sure they weren't gonna be pure, because in the description they say “also know as the easter egger breed“ Lol! I just wanted to see what other peoples EEs look like!

4. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I know there is a thread here somewhere with pics. Just type it into the search. I am picking mine up tomorrow at Ideal! I'm excited. I don't want them for "pure" anything, I just want to add color to my eggs!

5. wildriverswolf90

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Same here, I love the thought of hopefully adding blue and/or green eggs to my egg basket! Plus I love their fluffy cheeks! Thanks I searched and found the EEs thread! SO PRETTY! Thank you I alway forget about the search bar!

1 person likes this.
  6. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Well they arent all EEs in the pic but there are 4 of em in this pic.....came from ideal and are about 7ish weeks old here. Got quite a mix of colors....There are 2 on the top row (second and third from the left) bird on the left on the second row down and the only girl on the 5th row down.

[​IMG]

This pic has a few more of them in it including the white girl on the second rung up
    [​IMG]

7. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    No hatchery is likely to have true Ameraucanas, and it is even more unlikely when the hatchery can't even spell the name of the breed [​IMG] Ameraucana = muffed and bearded and an accepted color for the breed Araucana = tufted and rumpless
    Easter Egger = Any chicken that carries the blue egg gene but does not meet the standard for any breed.
    Neither of my EEs is from Ideal as far as I know (I got them from other people. I know Shadow came from a hatchery but I'm unsure of Dib's origins.)
    Here is Shadow. She is typical EE coloring, bearded, slate-legged, but she lays "pink" eggs instead of blue.
    [​IMG]

And here is Dib. She is frizzled, feather-footed, has five toes, and lays green eggs.
    [​IMG]

8. wildriverswolf90

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Thank you both! Your birds are BEAUTIFUL!!! I suspect mine will look a lot like Shadow, as the feathering on the wings is coming in brown/gold/black!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by