1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures of Blue Birchen Marans?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cynthia12, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I just set some BBM, looked for pictures or a thread on here, and most are of BCM. Anyone have pictures of what a baby chick will look like, then a hen and roo? Thanks!

2. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Bev Davis lines...anyone..pictures of some nice looking birds? I've googled, and you know that not all of the pictures are what you type in..I still see a lot of Black Copper, and Just Blues...

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Guess you'll have to be the one to add pictures!! I didn't know there was such a color.

4. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:There is. [​IMG] And I actually saw a couple of the roosters, but no hens. Will have to look through the Marns thread again, or maybe even Bev Davis Marans. [​IMG]

5. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    found a couple of picturesonline after a long search, wow what gorgeous birds!

photos taken from internet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Here is my light blue birchen cockeral. He is still young and has a lot of filling out to do yet. He has some brown leakage in his wing feathers so that is something I will have to work on. He's onery but I love him [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Thanks you two...they are pretty! I just posted on yours on the marans thread..flgard... thank you for sharing. I'm excited for mine to hatch..please hatch. I usually do pretty well with my hatches..soooo..I'm still knocking on wood as I type that...

8. Last Train Vnyd

Last Train Vnyd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    Southern Ohio
    Can anyone help me identify my Marans rooster color and type. He was bought from a breeder who sold him as a blue copper Marans. His color is wrong for that, but I am wondering if he is another type altogether... maybe a blue birchen Marans?? Can he be responsibly bred with a blue copper female to produce babies, if so what would their offspring be?? All information about him is greatly appreciated. Below are some pictures of him now at about 22 weeks and some from about a month and a half ago below those. I think he is gorgeous and he is super sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mighty Moose

Mighty Moose New Egg

Dec 24, 2013
    Here is a picture we took at Monet's Giverney outside of Paris. I've been trying to identify as well. A local Atlanta Maran breeder told me t is a rare Silver/Blue Maran. To me the tell tale is the blonde hackle rather than the normal copper ones. I hope this helps .

[​IMG]

10. cowman1970

cowman1970 Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Blue Birchen in Pennsylvania......for sale also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by