Pictures of Both Lady & Queenies Foals!!!!!

You know, I just want to say how nice it is to see someone breeding horses who actually has clean, well cared for mares, and who posesses obvious knowledge of what to actually do! It was a pleasure to look at your pictures, and to know that your mares are in the hands of someone who has a clue (I just talked to an idiot the other day who insisted that there was no reason to involve a vet at any point in the breeding, pregnancy or birthing process, because the mare knows what she is doing. Yup, I'm not kidding - that's what she said!)
If I read one more pathetic story or see one more broken-down pregnant mare offered for $200.00 on Craig'sList, I'm going to lose it!

We are officially on Foal Watch with Queenie! She had a small bead of wax on one side last night and this morning has more on both sides. She has lengthened, is a little restless and looks miserable. Of course being her usual self she was scarfing down breakfast (I swear nothing gets between this mare and her meals...LOL)

I can't wait to see what she has. I hope it's another filly!
fl.gif

You didn't say what color the stud was. If you breed a sorrel to a sorrel you'll only get a sorrel. Nothing else so that's a pretty easy guess. White markings are mostly unpredictable and a complete guess. There are modifier genes that may not show on the parents. For example I had a dark bay no markings that threw the most beautiful paints and a sorrel with stockings and a blaze. Even when she was crossed with a stud that had minimal white.

Quote:
Yes, in my first post I stated they were both bred to my Sorrel Breeding Stock stallion, he has been tested and carries the Overo Gene. Yes, I am fully aware that sorrel to sorrel is likely a sorrel.
I have been breeding QH & Paints for almost 30 years, occassionally you get a "WTH" foal.
For example My Sorrel Overo , 2 blue eyes mare bred to a Grulla QH, If I had bet I would have said Sorrel Overo foal, mare had always thrown Overo even bred to QH in the past. I got a Solid Dun Filly with tons of Dun Factor.

Oh my goodness Im so excited for you (and me lol)!! I bred my mare last year the same time you bred yours, same week and everything. Today is the first day I noticed her acting uncomfortable!! Im so excited!! The is an AQHA Chesnut mare, shes 6 this year and her name is Chromes Shootin Star and I bred her to my AQHA chestnut stallion Colonel Bandit......hmmm what color do you think Ill get? haha! They are both Colonel Freckles bred. This should be a stunning baby. FILLY FILLY FILLY!!!
fl.gif
its totally gonna be a colt huh? So totally give me play by plays as ours are literally due at the exact same time. It seems a tad early for your mare to be waxing, but hey, the sooner the better (to an extent). Let me know how things go and feel free to PM me. It will be super fun to share this with someone!!

Quote:
This mare typically does not go over 335 days and today is Day 331, it is raining and almost a full moon, I try real hard to know my horses well enough to sense changes in them.

yep I agree.....People think Im crazy when I say OMG shes acting different or theres something wrong with this horse and they think Im nuts till I take their temp and they have a fever lol or in this case, they pop out a baby haha Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom