Pictures of hatchery Appenzeller Spitzhauben?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ThePolishPrincess, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm getting my Meyer's order on the 22nd including one Spitz chick in the mix. Anyone have pictures of a hatchery Appenzeller? Or one that would be considered hatchery stock? Grown up, preferably. Discriptions are nice, too, but I'd love a visual.

Thank you in advance! [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are CarlaOK's and Ideal Hatchery birds. The Ideal birds are the ones that has the pink bands on their legs. Its an example what you will get and you would have to cull heavy because of mussy spangled feather patterns and Polish head feathers are a no no. We have a lot of work to do but we will do our best to eliminate those traits to future generations.

This is my Ideal Hatchery hens that are almost correct to the breed.
    [​IMG]

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, I see what you mean. Thank you very much for the pictures. I appreciate it! [​IMG]

ETA: Do you happen to know the ages of the birds in your pictures? For future referance, I'd like to keep an eye on how they are expected to look at a certain age, for hatchery stock, anyway.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    The hens are now a year old from Feb of last year. Not bad for a yearling and she has been laying me an egg every day without fail. The flock with the rooster are of the same age but they were only roughly five to six months of age when the pictures were taken.

She is beautiful but boy, does she TALK!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. onagadori

onagadori Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 17, 2010
    North Texas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by