Pictures of MPC/Meyer stock?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by StarLover21, Feb 7, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Please post your pictures! Especially Salmon Faverolle, EE, Speckled Sussex, Polish, Cochins, Barred Rocks, Buff Brahamas, etc. Any pictures are great, though! :)

2. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    I can't wait to see some pics. I think I am going with MPC so far I have considered going with Meyer but I'm letting my kids pick out a chicken of their own and Meyer didn't have what my daughter wanted.

3. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Cool! What kind do you think your getting?

4. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Lets see, I have a list lol
    My oldest daughter wants an Easter Egger, My Son wants a Black Jersey Giant rooster, my youngest Daughter wants a Silver Cuckoo Maran, my oldest Step-Daughter wants a Light Brown Leghorn.For the rest I would like a Buff Orpington, light brahma, Dominique, and 9 random whatevers lol. Now this is the kid's second list they have given me on breeds, so we'll see if they change their minds again before next week when I put the order in.

5. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
  6. vjbakke

vjbakke Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    MN
    Just so you know they are the same, MPC is a drop seller of Meyer chicks, most of the time it will be cheaper to go with ordering right from Meyer.

7. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

Thanks for the letting me know. I'll have to double check, the reason I was going to go with MPC was because it showed the breed my daughter wanted as being available while Meyer had it listed at out of stock. I will deffinitly check Meyer out again to see the price difference, if its good enough maybe I'll talk my daughter into picking something else. Thanks.

8. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Come on....I know some people have pictures!!!

9. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Of 8 pullets ordered from MPC last year, two have reproductive failure at just 6 months old - one just died (necropsy today) after being apparently healthy, and another already shows signs of egg yolk peritonitis. This is usually seen in older birds.

I would highly advise staying away from the hatcheries if at all possible - check out local poultry shows and drop in to your state's thread here... save yourself and your kids the heartache. There are so many wonderful breeders on here who genuinely care for the health and longevity of their birds (as well as their beauty!). If you can get your hands on an incubator, you can probably find 1-3 people on here who have hatching eggs available, can mix & match a dozen or so for you (check hatching eggs for hot2pot auctions, she has many that you listed) or could suggest where you might find chicks of those breeds in non-hatchery stock. Hatcheries have their advantages, but they are very few.

10. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I am ordering chicks form Chicken Scratch Poultry. She has several different breeds. The customer service is great! I will never order from a hatchery....all I have read on BYC, sound like heartache to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by