Pictures of MPC Super Blue Egg Layer (SBEL) Eggs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Shezadandy, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Shezadandy

Shezadandy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    Join in and post pictures of your Super Blue Egg Layer's eggs!

I got my first one today from our pullet Lucy who built her own nest outside of the nesting boxes and proceeded to lay her first egg at 19 weeks and 4 days.

Here's the egg all by itself on a white paper towel.
    [​IMG]

On the left is a green egg from our Easter Egger, on the right is the blue egg from Lucy:
    [​IMG]

The top egg is the green EE. Bottom row is a GLW on the left, Lucy's blue egg in the middle, and a Barred Rock egg on the right.

[​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

nice photos!!

3. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

I like the photos as well. [​IMG]

4. Shezadandy

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    Thank you both!
    Looking forward to the other SBEL pullet's first egg!

5. Shezadandy

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    Update: Pictures of both our SBEL pullet's eggs

The second pullet laid her first egg this morning, and the other laid her second egg.
    Both were 1.4oz, 2" long, and 4 5/8" around.
    All pictures on white paper towels:

Yesterday's blue egg is the one on the right. The brown eggs are from the GLW.
    [​IMG]

Same as above, but with 2 of the EE's green eggs for color comparison.
    [​IMG]

Here's just the SBEL and EE's -- yesterday's egg is far right.
    Today's seem to have a little better color.

[​IMG]

6. EggSighted4Life

Beautiful! You must be as excited as I am about getting eggs. [​IMG]

Can't wait to see if any of my EE lay colored eggs. 1 out of already turned out to be a cockerel.

7. Shezadandy

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    Here's a way-unexpected update.

Lucy, the SBEL pullet who weighs about 2.5lbs-- who just laid her first egg 8/19/16, less than a week ago- this morning popped out an egg weighing 2.2 oz (weighed on a licensed scale just re-certified by the state... I get to pay $39/year to use this scale for selling produce) !! She is 20 weeks and 2 days. I'm pretty impressed!

Top egg is the EE who lays that really light pink- that egg is also 2.2oz- right and left of Lucy's egg (center) -- are the same green EE eggs used in the other photos, and on the bottom is a darker brown Australorp egg, also 2.2oz.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. EggSighted4Life

It would surprise me if it isn't a double yolker. Those are very pretty. Definitely impressive when a young pullet pops eggs out like that. [​IMG]

Most of my first eggs from my Barred Rock were around 36 grams. After 1 month we are at 42, 46, & 50 grams normally. Think my biggest so far from these girls who are 20-22 ish weeks was 66 grams and double yolks inside.

9. Shezadandy

Sep 26, 2015
    Portland OR
    That's about on par with what we've seen -- the soonest I saw a true large egg was at least 30 days into laying on one Black Australorp- everyone else took at least 60, and more normally 90 days to consistently produce anything close! Haven't opened this mondo pullet egg, but I bet you're right about double yolk- after I use it I'll letcha know what I found.

It was kinda like, how did that fit in there?? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. EggSighted4Life

That's a nice pic. It is so hard to get clear shots of live animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by