Pictures of my 2 month Pullets/Intro to Adult Coop!! (Pic Heavy!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jeeper1540, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last Week-May 28th

2 Month old Pullets!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also snagged a couple pics of Henny Penny (Buff Orp) and Fred (Welsummer cross) {2 years old}
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today-June 4th
    So we cut off part of our coop for our little chicks. They are about 2 months old, and getting too big for the brooder
    so we decided to move them to the big coop. Rather than just throw them in like last year (which resulted in that years batch being
    picked on and start getting back feathers pulled off), We decided to build a fenced in part so they can get used to each other, without
    worrying about anything physical breaking out.

Right now all we have done is the inside part, but we will give them some outside space tomorrow.
    You can also see I put in a small roost for them, but when i went down to check on them after it was
    getting dark, they were all bunched up together on the ground. Maybe I should teach them how to roost? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ You can see here, we divided the door in half, so the big chickens can go in their part of the yard, and
    the little pullets can go on their side, once we finish their side of it.

[​IMG]

I turned on the timer, and held the camera by the end of the lanyard thingy, so it would go off
    on their level, and shot some pretty good pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <-- Those Australorps are really interested in the camera, I seem to always get pictures of them like this

And tomorrow...

We are going to fence off part of the run so the chicks can go outside and fly around, because they really
    want to. I watched them try to fly in their brooder and it didn't work well so I knew they needed this! [​IMG]

Hope y'all enjoy these pictures! I don't post too much outside of the Nevada thread, so I thought I'd post something here!

2. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Great pictures lovely birds too! What breed is the light one with the grey head?

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

Oh, I am so glad you posted in this section!! What a great photo-essay. Thank you for sharing with us!!!

4. Jeeper1540

Quote:The 2 barred ones are Australorps, all the others are Easter Eggers. Im so happy all 5 of my EE's came out with different colors! And that one with the grey head is my favorite, I love her coloring [​IMG]

5. Jeeper1540

Quote:I used to post here more often, but for awhile I've just been sticking with my local BYCers. I started missing getting input/responses from other BYCers, so I made my way back over here! [​IMG]

6. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    GREAT IDEA I have extra space in my big coop and wasn't sure how to use it. You gave me some great ideas on how to use the area.[​IMG]

7. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Are you aware of the young cockerel in the group?[​IMG]

8. Jeeper1540

Quote:Yes, I have noticed something different... which one do you think is the cockerel? the white and black one... right?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  9. Jeeper1540

Am I correct that the cockerel is the white and black EE?

10. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Great pictures [​IMG] You have some cute birdies in that group [​IMG] I am not sure but it looks like your little black and white EE is a cockerel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by