1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICTURES of my 6 babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Spring, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Spring

Spring Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    Can you help me figure out what kind they are too? Aren't they cute??
    This is Oreo
    Is she an Amerecauna one, that will lay the blue/ green eggs?
    [​IMG]

Here is Henny
    A red silkie??
    [​IMG]

Penny
    She and Henny look a lot a like. Penny is just a bit darker
    [​IMG]

Frizzy Lizzy
    I hope this is the black Frizzle one I ordered, Can you tell? Not the best pic. of her
    [​IMG]

Cinamon
    I think its a silkie, cause the feather feet... ??
    [​IMG]

Lucy
    A slikie I think, just not sure what color, maybe Buff?
    [​IMG]

The cutest of all... my boys with all the babies:D [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Just trying to figure them out. Now if only I could figure whats wrong with my Pair of silkies. They are acting really weird. I've posted before about them. Another story....

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Frizzy Lizzie needs her butt cleaned [​IMG]

3. Spring

Jul 10, 2007
    I'm trying to keep it cleaned. Its really tricky. Any suggestions how to keep or get it off?

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I had one that no matter how much i tried, it seemed to get worse. So i got the water nice and warm and took the chickybaby in my hand nice and snug, and stuck its butt right into the water to sorten it up. Then just use your hand or a q-tip to brush it off under the running water. It was actually quick and easy and i never had it happen again. Just be sure its not too warm. The chick actually took it well, never even thought of getting away.

ps. wicked cute kids!!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  5. Spring

Jul 10, 2007
    Ok, well... I'm gonna go try that! she seems very healthy otherwise! MUCHO THANKS!!

6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Try not to get the chick to wet. Water and new babies don't mix.

7. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Spring, your children (feathered and non-feather) are so cute! [​IMG]
    I think you have them figured out right. Yes, the Americana has the willow green legs, will lay the colored eggs.

8. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    CUTE chicks, and kids!!!

I had two chicks that were so pasted (REALLY bad) that I had to turn on the water and hold their backsides under it for about ten minutes each while I tried to clean them the whole time. I had a lot of issues with my chicks. I think it was shipping stress, probably they were worse than most chicks would be.

Mine were kind of compacted inside, and like huge clumps of concrete on outside. It really took a long time to clean them, and I made sure the water was quite warm but not hot. They didn't seem to mind TOOOO much, but I think it was uncomfortable for them a few times, even though I tried to be gentle.

I blow-dried them (warm and gently) afterward because their back halfs were soaked, and put them in a dry aquarium under a light for a day or two. Thankfully they both survived and didn't have any further problems.

Your Lizzy is nowhere near that bad though. [​IMG] Good luck with her!

trish

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I don't know what henny and penny are, but they aren't silkies... silkies need to have the black skin legs. Maybe they are cochins. Cinnamon might be a silkie, but her legs are too light in my opinion and she doesn't have a crest of fluff either. Lucy is 100% silkie, but I would say a white silkie, buffs are darker yellow. Good luck with your chicks! In time we can tell better what they are!

10. Cracker

Cracker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    North-West Florida
    I noticed that Lucy appears to be five toed. Is She?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by