Pictures of my babies and questions (pic heavy)

Kezzie

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Coastal Georgia
Here are a few updated pics of my babies. I have 3 week olds, 2 week olds and week olds. The third replacement batch from MM had a 100% survival rate so I now have 37(!) babies altogether. Way more than I was expecting. Please let me know if you think I've misidentified any of my crew:

This is my exotic mystery chick (1 week old)- way smaller than the rest and feather-footed. What is she/he?
22972_076.jpg

This is Izzy. I think he's a Marans cockerel
22972_066.jpg

My 2 week old Chickpea (white EE?)
22972_068.jpg

Mimi the Partridge Rock
22972_085.jpg

Grace the Delaware
22972_081.jpg

Grace a little younger
22972_026.jpg

Some of the younger gang
22972_077.jpg

You know, that's funny. My mystery rare chick looks identical to yours!!! He/she is a bright orange color, feather-footed, and tiny in comparison to the rest of the chicks. I was guessing maybe a red cochin bantam. The feathers are beginning to appear on the wings (no frizzle, no silkie). If someone can identify your little guy, I would love to know what they think he/she is as it's probably the same as mine. I've had mine for almost a week now.
Jessi

Quote:
Someone told me that the green legs don't come in until later. She does have a muff although it might not show well in the pic. What else might she be?

So what are my chances of getting a roo? I ordered 8 chicks from My Pet Chicken. We wanted all girls. Friends keep telling me that I am going to get a roo or two in the bunch. Does it really happen that often? My friend that ordered 25 says she is sure they will get 1 or 2. Just wondering if it is really that typical. I can't imagine sexing the little guys so do they have a scientific way to do it?

Back
Top Bottom