1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Pictures of my Blue Orpingtons and the rest of my flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jodiv, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jodiv

jodiv Songster

Jul 2, 2009
    Crivitz
    Just thought I'd share a few pictures of my growing flock. Back in April I purchased blue orpington eggs from a BYC'er. (MissPrissy). My orps are now around 2 months old and filling out nicely I must say. Out of the whole cluch I got quite a variety of black, blue and splash. I currently have 2 blue roos, 1 black and 1 splash roo. The rest are pullets, consisting of black, light blue and dark blue, and 1 splash pullets. Couldnt be happier! The Blue roo in the picture is my favorite...as you can guess.

There is just something about him that makes me think he is going to be a great roo. Not sure when his lovely colors will show thru or I should say at what age? But none the less I am crossing my fingers hoping he will turn out like his Papa Wheeler.

The black and splash roos are coming along nicley as well and actually I wasn't able to take pictures of the other boys, they kinda hang out by themselves and hide when I bring the camera out....go figure!

My young flock foraging

[​IMG]

Blue Orp Roo (name to be determined)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The girls My blue orp pullets and bantums
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My white Pekin Ducklings

[​IMG]

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Really Nice Flock !!! [​IMG]

3. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Songster

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Oh they are beautiful!

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I love those beautiful black eyes on your Orp girls- pretty pretty!

5. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I agree with the last post....gorgeous eyes!

Sandie

6. jodiv

jodiv Songster

Jul 2, 2009
    Crivitz
    thanks everyone! OK, so I'm new to the orps...are the dark eyes desirable traits in blues? What about the roos as well?

7. mydakota

mydakota In the Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    Very lovely chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: