1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures of my Buttons! Pretty Colors!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LMEggs, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    Here they are!! Whats the propper name for my buttons colors ?

I think this one is a darth vader boy ?
    [​IMG]

Golden pearl girl ?
    [​IMG]

Red Breasted boy ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silver Male ?
    [​IMG]

Blue face male, know this one LOL!
    [​IMG]
    Cinnamon blue face boy, know this one too.
    [​IMG]

Cinnamon girl ? I have another almost like her except lighter almost light pig pink color and she has a white patch just above the beak like the bibbed male above except with out the bibb
    [​IMG]
    Silver girl ?
    [​IMG]

Ta DA!
    [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm not even going to attempt to guess the colors, the pictures have too much of a glare for me. [​IMG]

One thing I will say is that it is impossible to tell the sex of silvers by looking at them from the top. Bibs do not mean they are males, the color of the vent feathers is how you tell that. They should have pink, red, or rust colored vent feathers. It is possible to have a female silver with a bib.

The few that I think I know is the one you call redbreasted male. I believe it is either a cinnamon or a cinnamon redbreasted. I'll just put it this way, everything after the blueface looks right color-wise, I'm not sure about the first 3 [​IMG] The female is probably correct, though I've got one similar to that and was told she was a cinnamon pearl. I don't know about the first one, and the 3rd, as I said, looks like a cinnamon redbreast.

Crystal should be along soon, she knows the colors better than me [​IMG]

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Okay here is my take

1. Golden Red Breasted AKA Darth Vader

2. Cinnamon Red Breasted

3. Cinnamon

4. Silver

5. Blue Face

6. Cinnamon Blue Face

7. Cinnamon Pearl

8. Kind of looks like an Ivory

9. Four eggs [​IMG]

4. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    I think they are all so pretty. I only have wild ones. Would like some more colors. The photos are great. I can see everything fine, but only new at buttons and don't know what all the different colors are called yet. Still learning.

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Beautiful birds! I just love the color variety. And this is waaaay off topic, but what model horse is the grey in the background,with the western saddle? Not Indian Pony? Some look like Breyers, but maybe not?

6. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    It's okay I think... Peter Stones, Breyers,Grand Champions, many many more! the grey in the picture is "Rowdy" from Peter Stone Grulla Pleasure horse in a breyer ranch saddle set. Then yep some Stable mates and the chesnut is a limited edition grand champion! Want me to make a new seperate post with model horse pictures ? I have some neat ones!!

7. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:That would be cool; thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by