Pictures of my chickens and baby chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by floridachickhatcher, Jun 18, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    I asked if my dad still had his old digital camera but he had lost the USB cable and i had to buy another one from Radioshack for $27 and it works fine and here is some pictures finally of my flock ^_^

[​IMG] rooster and non-laying hen yard
    [​IMG] shot of all three pens it was 2pm and as you can see all the chickens are in the house
    [​IMG] these two pictures were taken at 6pm and we thought it was fixing to rain but it didnt and we had dumped out their feed on the ground it was soo hot out they had barely eaten anything all day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] bunch of our BR baby chicks out in the brooder coop if you look closely at the one by the left beam you will see he has red on his face and i think that i made my own black links i hatched out 4 of them
    [​IMG] and then you can see the lonely RIR chick ^_^
    [​IMG] here is the second brooder coop it has 5 3wk old chicks in it and you can see they are big
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] And I think that this RIR is a Red Link Chick that i made
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Wow! You gotta a lot of chickens! I remember how hot Florida sand can be on bare feet.

3. ...chickenlover3...

...chickenlover3... Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Rockford IL
    I love your chickens and I have a lot of chickens too. I have 52 chickens.

4. Rbl4life

Rbl4life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    are the tops of your pens open? i am builing some and i am not sure if they have to be covered.. i dont want them to jump out. I have 125 chickens and counting!

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh, my. You have a wonderful set up but all I can think about is how long does it take you to refill all those waterers?

I only have three hens and I have to refill mine 2x week.

6. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    30 mins to fill up the waterers cause first the old water is dumped out and then washed and then filled up and then have to carry those heavy things all the way back into the pen

i have all the pictures of the chickens and chicks up on my site http://aachickenfarm.webs.com/

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Lots o' chickens! So cute! [​IMG]

8. Frizzle Farmer

Frizzle Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Calhan, CO
    Cool set up. Your babies are so big for their ages!

9. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah i really only try to hatch out the big eggs the hens lay Big Egg=Big Chick who becomes Big Chicken ^_^ but my mom told me to put some small eggs in as well cause i havent been able to hatch out any White Rocks and im wondering if their eggs are the small ones so i will know next month if they are and i have more baby chicks due to hatch Wed and Thur and for anyone else who wants to know the baby chicks pens are not open cause at a week old is when they start flying if you want to see more pictures i made a website to try and promote our business http://aachickenfarm.webs.com/ go to photo gallery and you will see incubators,chickens and living area

10. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Nice coop/run. It is big. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by