Pictures of my chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Stormhorse23, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Here they are. There is a little about each one by the picture. Theses ARE NOT all of my chickens, just a few. I want to show them at the fair but i dont know about judging or anything. They are probably just pet quality, but it sounds like fun, anyway! And yes, they do have an odd mix of names.

[​IMG]
    This is Peter. He is a bearded Silkie cockeral. He is still very young but I think he is beautiful. <br>

[​IMG]
    Here is D.A. (Destroying Angel). I absolutely love this bird. He is one of the youngest and he is very still for photos.<br>

[​IMG]
    Isn't he/she just adorable? I don't know the gender yet, so no name. But this chicken loves to strike some pretty cute poses.<br>

[​IMG]
    Here is Angel. My little barred rock pullet. I dont know how she and DA ended up with such similiar names. I just name when something comes to me.<br>

[​IMG]
    I didn't think I could be so proud of a chicken. This is Big Mama. I cant tell her story enough. We sewed her up after an attack. Look at this beauty now!<br>

There you guys go! This was just really for fun and to show off a few of my favorite pets.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Very pretty group!

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Wow! They are all beautiful!!

I just love looking when people post pictures. They are all so beautiful!

4. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    thanks, guys. i get jealous looking at everybody else's chickens [​IMG]

5. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Very pretty birds!!! Hopefully I can get some Silkies this year!

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    DA looks rather feminine to me. Has he/she crowed?

7. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Awwww Sweet! They are beautiful! [​IMG]

8. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    no he hasnt crowed. i think DA is a pullet. the buff makes some freaky noises though. it sounds like a mix between a coyote and horse. do you think any of them could even place at the fair?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Great pics! I enjoy seeing the different breeds. We loved our Barred Rocks.

Susan

10. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    yeah, we might have to find a new home for angel. she scares the living daylights out of star, who is no bigger than a pigeon and although i love her, im not a barred rock person. i dont know. the weird ones love me, and i love the weird ones! by the way, can a chicken interbreed with another bird? i got this "chicken" that i swear is a mutated pigeon.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by