Pictures of my chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Stormhorse23, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Here they are. There is a little about each one by the picture. Theses ARE NOT all of my chickens, just a few. I want to show them at the fair but i dont know about judging or anything. They are probably just pet quality, but it sounds like fun, anyway! And yes, they do have an odd mix of names.

[​IMG]
    This is Peter. He is a bearded Silkie cockeral. He is still very young but I think he is beautiful. <br>

[​IMG]
    Here is D.A. (Destroying Angel). I absolutely love this bird. He is one of the youngest and he is very still for photos.<br>

[​IMG]
    Isn't he/she just adorable? I don't know the gender yet, so no name. But this chicken loves to strike some pretty cute poses.<br>

[​IMG]
    Here is Angel. My little barred rock pullet. I dont know how she and DA ended up with such similiar names. I just name when something comes to me.<br>

[​IMG]
    I didn't think I could be so proud of a chicken. This is Big Mama. I cant tell her story enough. We sewed her up after an attack. Look at this beauty now!<br>

There you guys go! This was just really for fun and to show off a few of my favorite pets.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing

Very pretty group!

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Songster

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Wow! They are all beautiful!!

I just love looking when people post pictures. They are all so beautiful!

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    thanks, guys. i get jealous looking at everybody else's chickens [​IMG]

5. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Songster

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Very pretty birds!!! Hopefully I can get some Silkies this year!

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    DA looks rather feminine to me. Has he/she crowed?

7. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Songster

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Awwww Sweet! They are beautiful! [​IMG]

8. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    no he hasnt crowed. i think DA is a pullet. the buff makes some freaky noises though. it sounds like a mix between a coyote and horse. do you think any of them could even place at the fair?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  9. Miss Sue

Miss Sue In the Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Great pics! I enjoy seeing the different breeds. We loved our Barred Rocks.

Susan

10. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Songster

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    yeah, we might have to find a new home for angel. she scares the living daylights out of star, who is no bigger than a pigeon and although i love her, im not a barred rock person. i dont know. the weird ones love me, and i love the weird ones! by the way, can a chicken interbreed with another bird? i got this "chicken" that i swear is a mutated pigeon.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: