1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures of my children with their Buff Orpingtons...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

They will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. These are such sweet little birds. They love us and we love them. I'm pretty sure that next spring we'll be getting a few more Buff Orpingtons. They are just so irresistible! When God made chickens, He gave the Buff Orpingtons the perfect personality for children! They are so silly, loving and affectionate. Not only to my kids, but to each other as well!
    Here are Dixie, Jasmine and Daisy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They still like to crawl onto the lap, back, or shoulder of whoever sits down at ground level.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dixie began panting and we could tell she was getting hot. Tara had the great idea of putting her into the pool that we are in the process of filling. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At first (for about 5 seconds) she was calm. Then she started squawking and flapping her wings in total horror. She was not happy! Just look at this face...
    [​IMG]

I set her down on the ground by her sissy's and she immediately began to groom herself. To my surprise, her sister began to very gently groom her as well! Is this normal behavior?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was just so cute and sweet. Then before we knew it, they were all grooming. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's one more of Tara and Madeline with their hand raised "henny babies"...
    [​IMG]

Good night and sweet dreams everyone!

2. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    thanks kelly, that was sweet!

3. johnzo

johnzo New Egg

Apr 27, 2011
    Great photos!! They look like some happy chicks!! I have 1 Buff Orp, and she is a sweetheart. She squats when we approach her so we can rub her neck. All the others run for their lives.

4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    What lovely pics. Thank you for sharing.

5. Keltara

Quote:You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. [​IMG]

6. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Excellently done!

7. Keltara

Quote:They are pretty happy John. You need more Buff Orps! They sure are sweet. I love your property. Very beautiful! Nice view with the mountain in the background.[​IMG]

8. MamaHynne

MamaHynne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Green Cove Springs
    What a sweet couple of girls you have! Lovely BOs too! Your pics are so clear! What kind of camera are you using?

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Very cute girls and BOs! Thanks for sharing your pics!

10. Keltara

Quote:Thanks Patty. I just love sharing. It's so fun to have these little hens, that I can't help but wanting to share our joy with everyone!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by