Pictures of my coop (Inside pictures added)

fasbendera

Songster
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Midwest
22047_p1010013.jpg

My entire coop frame was made from a deck we took off our house. The inside is finished with carsiding on the walls and beadboard on the ceiling. The outside is (brain fart) the cement composite siding. Entire coop design was DH's and he built it with the help of some very good friends. I am so lucky. Little did they know that the chickens would stay and their plans to put wheels on it and use it as a icehouse would never happen
bun.gif

My husband only commented on the cost once when I figured out how much our meat birds cost and he said did you include the cost of the coop? I asked how much the fish he caught cost with his boats, lures, poles and ect. figured in. I got a smile and he said that was really a good one. So we are both happy with our hobbies.

Just need to add shutters and hayracks on the front and I am done for now. The coop was built four years ago and I am still moving things around. I added shelves this year and for sure dropping boards.
yippiechickie.gif

Oh and you can just see it on the side that is an old feeder from my neighbor growing up Mrs. Binger. Yeah I felt like I won the lottery getting that. I just want to cut the legs a little shorter but I need to find something to cut angle iron.

Last edited:
22047_p1010028.jpg

After reading the posts I need to lower the nest box and raise the roosts.
The wood box on the floor was/is for our black bantam that hatched the Mille Fleur chicks.
I leave the cover open a crack for her and lifted the box off the floor so the little fluff balls can get into
the box. My dad made the box and he took the hen and hatched them out. I didn't think he was going
to send her back but I now have a hatching box.

22047_p1010029.jpg

Door to outside and this is my new shelf

22047_p1010030.jpg

Nest box I made from scrap wood. I really need to paint it I think but what color.

Carsiding is like a double tongue-n-groove paneling is the best way to describe it. Goes up easy and looks nice.

Last edited:
thanks for adding the inside view, its very very nice.

I think you could get away with just adding extra roosts higher rather then moving the existing ones and the nest boxes.

I wish mine looked half as nice!

No I just saw that post and I am drawing a complete blank on what to name it. It is a work in progress like the shutters and hayracks. I have a metal rooster wheather vane (sp?) in the garage I want to either put on the roof or mount on the front. The neighbors were a bit surprised with the color. We primed it with our leftover primer from our house that was tinted green. It makes me smile to watch the girls out there. They are patiently waiting for canning to be over so they can get at the garden again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom