My husband surprised me with chickens last summer but they only came with an open-air "summer" coop. So, I designed and built this one. It sits on top of the existing coop and is constructed of 2 x 2s and 1/2" plywood. I mostly used scrap material that we had around the house and bought as little as possible. The window came from ReHarvest, the hinges and hardware from the HFH ReStore. I think I spent more money on screws to put it together than anything else. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures. This is of the coop under construction. And here it is installed, nearly complete! The window swings open for extra ventilation in the summer, and there is a "back door" for access to clean & feed the girls. I cut away the hardware cloth and added a ladder so they can get upstairs, and there is a slide-out floor for cleaning. This floor also serves to close them in during inclement weather.