pictures of my delawares and gold laced Are they roos or pullets

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, May 17, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    4-6weeks old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Do you think it is a roo or a pullet????????

[​IMG]
    I know this is a roo he is already trying to crow at 6 weeks old

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. wefroggy

wefroggy Chillin' With My Peeps

I just went through the same thing with my De's. Keep an eye out on their feathers, the roos' also have more darker feathers on their neck and their tails. My De hens have almost no dark feathers on their necks, looks more like grey dots.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, the pics are very blurry. You really need clear ones, especially the shoulder and back markings at that age.
    1. roo
    2. too blurry, comb looks male
    3. roo
    4. male
    5. pair
    6. pullet?
    7. pullet
    8. ?
    9. ?

I had a VERY slow developing male in my own bunch, verrrrry slow! Got quite a shock from that one. Later, you will see barred tail feathers in the males and though a female may have some barring on a couple, mainly they are black feathers with white edging on the pullets. If you look back through posts I've made concerning the Dels, you'll have lots of pics to compare to.

All the gold laced birds look male to me. I could be wrong about some, but if you get clearer pictures, that would help alot!

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    so out of the 3 dels id say i have 2 roos and1 pullet oh well it was supposed to be 2 pullets and 1 roo when i bought them. lol.[​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think you have two roosters, but I couldn't tell they were the same birds in each picture. I just sexed them by each pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by