pictures of my ducks and geese just cause its is nice out side (warning lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by poultry09, Jan 27, 2012.

1. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    [​IMG]

my ancona hen on the pond also my buff

[​IMG]

my lavender indian runner drake in front with a black runner hen a buff hen a lavender runner hen a blue sweed drake

[​IMG]

my 1 1/2 year old pair of africans (female in front gander in back) they are supoes to be africans are they?

[​IMG]

my female scovy next to the pond

[​IMG]

my rouen hen lavender runner drake and blue sweed drake and black runner drake (in back) and my scovy (back left)

[​IMG]

black runner drake and mallardxblue sweed hen

[​IMG]

my two white sebbies (one flaping wings is a smooth breasted) and the bodie of my lavender sebbie

[​IMG]

my african pair in the pond with the ducks

[​IMG]

my american buff female goose

[​IMG]

every one up one the drive way (they like to guide my mom up the driveway)

[​IMG]

white sebbie groming (dont know sex)

[​IMG]

my white sebbie pair

[​IMG]

my rouen hen in the drive

[​IMG]

my grey smooth breasted sebbie gander

[​IMG]

my two american buff females and my pair of sebbies(a curly breasted lavender female and a greay smooth breasted gander)

[​IMG]

a shot of the pond

I am curently looking for an american buff gander or any other color american(any gender)

if any one want to post some pictures please please post some pictures
    thanks
    for looking

1 person likes this.
  2. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    You have some beautiful birds [​IMG] I kind of want to get a goose this spring or next spring. Can you tell me what's your favorite? I want it as a pet because I've heard some are like dogs and will follow you around if they're handled a lot as goslings. Also how are they around ducks because I have mallards, WH, Khaki Campbells, and Calls (which are separated from the rest) and I don't want a goose harming them because my ducks will start something that they can't finish (they're spoiled.)

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Beautiful pictures 09, looks like a beautiful day and they are enjoying it so much... Do the ever go up to the road? looked like a BIG dump truck on it.

Also hows your scovies leg is she still limping?

4. Tivona

Tivona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Beautiful birds. They all look very happy. Thanks for sharing the pictures

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Beautiful birds [​IMG] Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.

6. xIndigoSkyx

xIndigoSkyx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    St.Albert, Alberta
    Wow! Love your sebbies! You have plenty 'o fowl friends at your place! Im getting sebbies of my own (white sexed pair) this spring and I'm hoping to show them, but I need more coops for them. What kinda housing do you have for all of yours?

7. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    thank you agregg15 for the copliment

the friendliest but it depends on how much time you spend with them as goslings and how you treat them( i was not able to raise any of mine from goslings [​IMG]). but i don't really have a favorite but i have 4 favorites sebastopol, Africans, Americans (any color) and giant dewlap Toulouse(don't have any but would love to get a couple) but i would recommend getting at least two geese. geese are very social animals and don't really like being the only one and ducks don't take the place of another goose. mine are pretty good with my ducks but do like to have their own space but i separated my ducks and geese cause together in a small run they where making a huge mud hole. but if they do start to fight the ducks will just run off. believe it or not i had a bigger problem with my chickens and geese fighting i had a mille Fleur d'uccle hen that would jump and attack my American buff females it was funny watching a banty chicken runoff a full grown goose[​IMG]

miss lydia

in fact yesterday i got a text from my mom when i was at school and she said that my Grey sebbie and white sebbie and 2-3 ducks ran acrost the road to the ditch and back acrost and then was on the shoulder of the road on our side but the cars that went by slowed down and moved over a little but i am not to worried about the cars but in the picture that's not a dump truck that a huge fully loaded log truck and theydontstop or slow own for nothing and the speed limit is50 but they do 60-70 mph anyways

the scovy is still limping but i think that her leg is "twisted" cause her right leg is pointed in towards her left leg kinda.more than her left leg is facing in idk

xIndigoSkyx

sebbies are very beautiful an i love that they come in so many different colors [​IMG] i would post pictures of my coop but it is very embracing we live with my grandpa and his parents built the coop in 1949 and it looks very terrible it is fallingappartthe floor is falling out and the sidding is falling off it is terrible and my ***** hole step dad will not let me build new one even when i had all the material to build a 12x12 for free from my dads work but the one that i have now is a 10x20 and the floor is like a trampling cause some of the support beams broke and they bounce off the ground it sucks

thanks every one for all the nice compliments would love to see some one else pictures also

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That doesn't sound good 09, be nice if you could put up some kind of fencing even if it was the ugly orange plastic stuff to discourage them from going up to the road, we have those huge logging trucks around here and when they go around a curve I cringe looking for it to turn over they are going so fast.

9. poultry09

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    I would love to put up some type of fence but like I said in my previous post my ***** hole step dadwill not let me doing any thing unless it benefits him and he does not like my animals but when I get home I will find some half inchxhalf inch wire and set it up thanks for the advice miss Lydia

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    edited because I can't spell today. [​IMG]

Sorry about sdad, hope you can get something rigged up to keep them safe.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by