1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pictures of my embden babies...all grown up!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by shelleyd2008, Jul 14, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, not all grown up, they are only about 3 months old, but if it weren't for the behavior of the gander-ling and the grey feathers on the goose-lings, I wouldn't know who was who! The gander-ling still loves me, he'll let me pet him and he's always the first to shout a greeting. The girls are all stinkers though, they look at me like I'm gonna eat them [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 'other' baby, who I bought at the auction thinking it was an embden, has turned into a chinese [​IMG] I am also starting to think it's a boy [​IMG] What do you think? The chinese is about 4 months old now.
    [​IMG]

And here's pics of the others:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    I have 2 young Embdens.
    Lovely pictures of your beautiful geese.
    Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    They are BEAUTIFUL! I have 2 adult females that I got last May and then got 2 more this May and my girls raised them as their own. I go all 4 of them straight run so was totally shocked to have gotten the first ones and have both females. My 2 younger babies are 2 months old and are good sized as well.

My babies have grey in the feathers as well, one has trace in the tip of wing feathers and the other is in the back and through out the wings. I believe they are mixed but was wondering if they weren't are they possible males?

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Unlikely, the females are usually the ones with grey in their feathers. My 1 boy has been totally white since he got his feathers.

5. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I love them!!! I used to have 3 Embden Geese. 1 Male 1 Female and 1 baby! They are long gone now. Hopefully still with who we left them [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have only 1 Emden and a gander, he has been all white since he got his feathers too, But those blue eyes, wow!!

7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Gorgeous, gorgeous geese! I really want Embdens, our property in the city though just isn't big enough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by