Pictures of my girls and first eggs!

m3talfingers

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Hello all, I have a few pictures I wanted to share.

Henny Penny, my ameraucana/ee you can see she has a beautiful full beard, slate legs, but her color and egg colors are not ameraucana standard

pg02t.jpg

First eggs, 3 brown from big birtha, and 1 green from henny penny

h9OMg.jpg

Another shot of henny penny

MLvYR.jpg

Here is a picture of the coop. I keep some laying mash, fresh water, and a bag of oyster shell in the lower portion. The upper portion is where they sleep and has a roost, 1 nesting box, and an easy access flip down door for the box in the back of the coop.

qtIKR.jpg

And here are my girls at 7 days old. They grow up so fast!

bFBTL.jpg

Thanks for looking!, got my first eggs 2 days ago and the girls are almost 6 months old

Haha thanks! I am very proud of her beard but I feel like sometimes she gets a little embarrassed. I'm a happy father!

Here's my 4 week hen laying her first egg! Haha, I took the picture because it was exciting to see her FINALLY in the hen house and about 1/2 hour later there was an egg!

94826_p1100517.jpg

94826_p1100519.jpg

Last edited:
You have 2 beautiful girls!! I'm new to this chicken craze, so if you don't mind me asking "What do the chickens do with oyster shells? "

Karen

thanks for the replies, citychick, I went ahead and added pic 1 to the stink eye thread lol. Also the oyster shell is there to help with shell production, they don't eat much of it. I use star feeds mash and I'm pretty sure they fortify their feeds with calcium. The shells on my girls eggs are really thick.

Back
Top Bottom