PICTURES of my Golden & Silver Laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JudyMcKinn, Oct 27, 2007.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I bought 4 of the prettiest Golden Laced Wyandotte pullets at the Jacob's Cave Swap Meet that was held the 1st part of this month. I know nothing about championship birds, but these are large and beautifully laced, and the 4 of them lay 4 eggs almost every day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And about 3 months ago, I bought 6 (supposed) pullet chicks at Cackle, that are Silver Laced Wyandotte. Coon got one, and one turns out to be a roo, but they are pretty, also, and will be much prettier when they reach adulthood, I am sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the laced Wyandottes are such pretty birds. I love them. And they love me if I have a treat. LOL

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Beautiful! Wyandottes are a favorite of mine. I love the lacing of their feathers and they are so friendly (treats help [​IMG] ), too! You're right about them getting prettier. After a good first molt, they are gorgeous.

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    They sure are pretty! They're on my list of chicks for this spring. Maybe one gold and one silver. Maybe two of each? Who knows!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very pretty, Judy! I love my three SLW girls.

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    hope mine look like that this is what they look like now

GLW
    [​IMG]

SLW
    [​IMG]

6. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    That little Silver Laced looks like he has a pretty severe case of over confidence. [​IMG] Pretty cute. They will grow out those pretty feathers before you know it.

7. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    When you look at a wyandotte from the side it should look like a giant Heart, most Wyandottes are to long in the back. Yours have very nice lacing and are very pretty birds for sure.

8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Very pretty,,,Wyandottes are pure eye candy.

9. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Very pretty indeed. I love mine. She was the first I suspected might lay and since she's started, she's gotten even prettier. Her comb and wattles started getting redder a lot sooner than my orpington and australorp.

She was pretty homely as a "gradeschooler" however!

She's also the most resourceful out of my three birds. She's the first to find food, carry it around, tell everyone about it and she's always the first to initiate the dust bath orgy. However, she's doesn't always get first pick on the roost at night.

But man! What a food lover! I have to agree, they like treats.

10. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    What size eggs are you all getting from your Wyandottes? I was under the impression thay laid large eggs, and these are still pullets, I suppose. Guy I bought them from said they had been laying about 5 weeks, and I got them the 1st weekend in this month, so laying about 2 months? And they are laying medium, at best, eggs. Not impressively large, or even acceptable as large. Will they get bigger, or is that about it, size wise? He got them at Cackle Hatchery, and I also got my 3 month old Silvers at Cackle, so they are "just hatchery birds", but I just want them for looking at and eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by