Pictures of my gouldian finches

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by L&Schickens, Jun 30, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    One of you asked to see my finches and I would not post pictures because they were molting and looked terrible.
    I got these birds from my neighbor a few months ago. She was sick of them being in her guest room. She had sold all the adults except one and so I had one colored male and a bunch of green babies. Well, look at them now!! Wow Wow Wow! Even an orange one!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Wow! Those are pretty. I bet Sam the Toucan would be jealous of those colors. He might have to make a new Fruit Loop flavor just for you [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    beautiful!!!

4. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    very nice! I always wondered what type of noises they made or do they just basically make the same pips n peeps that zebra finches make?

5. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    They are very quiet. They make noise that does not even sound like a bird. They are not listed as a song bird, but they do have a song, kind of. It is very quiet though.

6. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Oooooh! I did a paid post about these birds a while back. They are amazingly beautiful!

7. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    very pretty birds

8. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    They are pretty. I am kind of suprised by the orange headed one. I think he might be kind of unique in the gouldian world. I don't think I have ever seen an orange one before.

9. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have never seen such pretty birds.... absolutely stunning! Congrats on your fine collection!

10. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    I want a chicken in those colors! Just kidding. They are b-e-a-u-tiful. Anyways, whats a paid post?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by