Pictures of my growing flock. Very pic heavy!

NewToFarming

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Millersburg, PA
Boy you guys were right when you had warned me about the chicken addiction!!! I have added to my flock. I originally started with a variety pack from MPC of standard hens. I have 22 of them which are six weeks old now. I recently added 4 older silkies and 4 silkie chicks. I am adding some pics but they are sure hard to get a good picture of them because they are constantly moving!

My six week olds. I can't believe how big they are already!
This is one of my brown Leghorns. (I believe that is what they are) I have several of them.
8ea4dc77.jpg

This little girl I call shadow even though she is white, because she follows me everywhere. She doesn't like to be held but likes to be near me all the time. I have no clue what kind she might be. She is white but has kind of a silvery cast to her feathers especially noticeable on her head.
d6cd4fff.jpg

fe53011e.jpg

6b4a88ab.jpg

Brown & white Leghorn.
6c4958b2.jpg

36d26d38.jpg

50e9d6a9.jpg

4f725aba.jpg

Some of my Naked necks
2c9f6940.jpg

3923e825.jpg

This girl is gorgeous! I believe she might be an EE. She doesn't mind being held too much either
4c1438b5.jpg

41d0574b.jpg

9d07209b.jpg

21118664.jpg

95cd7323.jpg

Another beautiful one. Maybe another EE??? It was very hard to get a good pic of her
8a73fa9e.jpg

c8538e2c.jpg

9b4f1c1e.jpg

Here are the older silkies that I had gotten from a fellow BYC member. They are gorgeous!
a8d6f6bc.jpg

f55a5be5.jpg

e5a4e2f6.jpg

cd234929.jpg

a8043bbf.jpg

8592c897.jpg

Can't forget the babies!!!
9fc5a495.jpg

Not quite a week old. I am not sure what color silkie she will end up to be?
5dc1b4c2.jpg

dc1db702.jpg

ed50f1c6.jpg

c639a7e4.jpg

Little black one. Also not quite a week old.
114c47ae.jpg

f78faf51.jpg

I call this one chirpy because he has the loudest chirp I ever heard! He is about 3 weeks old and I believe might be a blue silkie. He is very sweet & loves being held.
eb274638.jpg

81355619.jpg

White one that is also about 3 weeks old
cf2c7c96.jpg

8030337f.jpg

Thanks! I am really enjoying them!
Does anyone have any idea what the white one is with the silvery cast to her feathers? There are actually 3 like her. She looks different than the leghorns and has the dark legs.

I don't know what the white/silvery one is, but you have a beautiful flock with lotsa variety! I reciently added to my flock because I felt like I needed some varitey in breeds!

I think shadow, your mystery white, is an EE. Just look at those blue/green legs, I've never seen a leghorn with colored legs, she also looks like she has a pea comb too. Plenty of easter eggers don't have muffs or beards.

Bridget...you will love the variety because each is different but mine seem to get along fine. Then you find the different breeds pal around with other breeds. One of my naked necks & the silvery white girls are inseparble! The nakeds also cuddle up with the silkies to sleep at night. I love having the variety!!!

Lindsay......I think you might be right!!! I did look up the andalusian and the personality is the same and I do some some black tracings on her feathers too. She is very curious and always on of the first one to check things out or attempt to do things. She is a really good flyer too and is practicing to join the circus!
wink.png
She finds things to scale like our 6 foot privacy fence near our garage. I said I should have her practice her tightrope act because she has the top of the fence down pat!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom