Pictures of my growing flock. Very pic heavy!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NewToFarming, Jul 15, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Boy you guys were right when you had warned me about the chicken addiction!!! I have added to my flock. I originally started with a variety pack from MPC of standard hens. I have 22 of them which are six weeks old now. I recently added 4 older silkies and 4 silkie chicks. I am adding some pics but they are sure hard to get a good picture of them because they are constantly moving!

My six week olds. I can't believe how big they are already!
    This is one of my brown Leghorns. (I believe that is what they are) I have several of them.
    [​IMG]

This little girl I call shadow even though she is white, because she follows me everywhere. She doesn't like to be held but likes to be near me all the time. I have no clue what kind she might be. She is white but has kind of a silvery cast to her feathers especially noticeable on her head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brown & white Leghorn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of my Naked necks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This girl is gorgeous! I believe she might be an EE. She doesn't mind being held too much either
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another beautiful one. Maybe another EE??? It was very hard to get a good pic of her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the older silkies that I had gotten from a fellow BYC member. They are gorgeous!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't forget the babies!!!
    [​IMG]

Not quite a week old. I am not sure what color silkie she will end up to be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Little black one. Also not quite a week old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I call this one chirpy because he has the loudest chirp I ever heard! He is about 3 weeks old and I believe might be a blue silkie. He is very sweet & loves being held.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

White one that is also about 3 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. X2Farm

X2Farm Songster

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    awww cute chickies!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Looks like you have a nice flock goin there!!!!! Good luck with them! [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Yes they are! I think the white one is a white leghorn and yes, the other is an EE. so pretty [​IMG]))))

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Very nice flock you have going there. [​IMG]

5. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks! I am really enjoying them!
    Does anyone have any idea what the white one is with the silvery cast to her feathers? There are actually 3 like her. She looks different than the leghorns and has the dark legs.

6. Bridget399

Bridget399 Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    I don't know what the white/silvery one is, but you have a beautiful flock with lotsa variety! I reciently added to my flock because I felt like I needed some varitey in breeds!

7. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I think shadow, your mystery white, is an EE. Just look at those blue/green legs, I've never seen a leghorn with colored legs, she also looks like she has a pea comb too. Plenty of easter eggers don't have muffs or beards.

8. LindsayB

LindsayB Songster

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    the very light blue ones look like andalusians to me. maybe a splash.

9. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Bridget...you will love the variety because each is different but mine seem to get along fine. Then you find the different breeds pal around with other breeds. One of my naked necks & the silvery white girls are inseparble! The nakeds also cuddle up with the silkies to sleep at night. I love having the variety!!!

Lindsay......I think you might be right!!! I did look up the andalusian and the personality is the same and I do some some black tracings on her feathers too. She is very curious and always on of the first one to check things out or attempt to do things. She is a really good flyer too and is practicing to join the circus! [​IMG] She finds things to scale like our 6 foot privacy fence near our garage. I said I should have her practice her tightrope act because she has the top of the fence down pat! [​IMG]

10. You have a lovely flock! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: