Pictures of my new additions!!! =)

Sequin

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Here are a few pictures of my new fuzzy butts... we are SOO in love with this batch of chicks!! Even my husband can't stop peeking in at them. We picked them up from our local farm store where we bought last years bunch. There are 2 Buff Orps(they are real go-getters so far), and 3 Americaunas. They are all very sweet and personable*swoons* I have a feeling there will be MANY pictures of these girls as they grow!! Thanks for letting me share, and thanks too for everyone who has posted pictures of their new chicks - I just love seeing the photos!!!
jumpy.gif

NewMarchChicks09001.jpg

NewMarchChicks09009.jpg

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"...
NewMarchChicks09027.jpg

"If you poop right now, I will be SOO mad at you!"
NewMarchChicks09004.jpg

NewMarchChicks09010.jpg

NewMarchChicks09014.jpg

"And then GoldieLocks tried the little bed and it was Juust Right"...
NewMarchChicks09019.jpg

Those are great pictures!!! Love the captions too!
lol.png

Seemed like every time I scrolled down to the next picture, an automatic "awww" came out!!
love.gif
That smaller lighter one is really pretty!!!
I love my buff orps, they were the cutest babies! Thay make pretty cute ones too!!
I have babies right now that just hatched yesterday and the 2 EE's look just like you Ameraucanas! Very similar coloring!

Thanks for the smile
wink.png

Thank you for the compliments!!*insert proud parent smile* I am really very smitten with them.

Congrats Bec on your hatch! That is great news!! Have you posted pictures yet? What do you think the darker americaunas will grow up to look like? It can be so hard to tell how chicks will feather out exactly, but I love watching them grow.

This is one of the EE's, the other I will have to get more pictures of, it was wet when I took these pics. I got my EE's from my feed store (they said they were Ameracaunas) and they got the from Privett Hatchery. This baby's daddy is my Partridge Cochin roo. I have no idea what color they will be! Always a mystery with this breed!

Are yours pure Ameracaunas?

SDC10436.jpg

Here she is next to a RIR X cochin
SDC10429.jpg

Last edited:
How beautiful! I love hte one standing sleeping! Bec yours are beautiful too. I just posted some new pics yesterday too. I am soooo in love with my little banties & ducklings!
love.gif

Oooooo!!! How lovely!!! Thank you for sharing the adorable pictures, I really like them.
ya.gif

The feed store said they were pure, so I am going on what they told me. I can't remember where they said they came from exactly, I want to say Dunlap(?) but there was another hatchery they named as well(they get different breeds at different times from different hatcheries). Anyway, I am going to take them for their word. They did well last year in educating me(a total newbie at that point) about chickens and helped me select a good breed for our needs from what was available, so I trust they will do the same this year. Actually, there were two ladies(employees) there just talking chicken talk and they were both Really helpful. They picked out the americaunas for me - because when all those chicks start scurrying around they tend to look the same to me. I think they did pretty good in their selection and assistance. Yup, I think we have some keepers for sure. hee hee hee.... like I would Ever give up a chick!!??!!

Those fluffy butts are cute as can be!!!
Chicks from ALL hatcheries that say they are Araucana, Ameraucana, or Americana are really birds of mix'd ancestry better known as Easter Eggers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Easter Eggers. They are wonderful layers and they come in a wide range of color patterns. They are beautiful birds! But they are not Ameraucana! And they are not Araucana!
wink.png

The only way to purchase "true" Ameraucana or "true" Araucana stock is through breeders.

Hatcheries mislead the public & feed stores when they falsely advertise their EE's as Araucana or Ameraucana. It's mazing what people will do for the almighty $.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Hmm, did not know that. Well, learn something new every day, eh?! Love the roo in your avatar(is that what it is called? I am soo not computer savy), what breed is it? Thanks for the info. on hatcheries etc. Do you suppose these little chicks have the genes to lay green or blue eggs? I am guessing they will, or could, but you would probably know better. Thanks!

That is the exciting part..waiting to see the egg color!! Of my 2 ee's, one lays buff/pink the other lays a pretty mint green!!

I love EE's and if I didn't hatch out my own, I was going to go back and get more from the feed store anyway!!

Back
Top Bottom