1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pictures of my new baby gals :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by djwingo, Apr 9, 2007.

1. djwingo

djwingo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2007
    Kellyville, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

wow i finally got a pic on here [​IMG] will add more later now that i know how t do it
    ok so i added 2 more babies they will be 2 weeks old on wednesday:) went to co op today to look for a duck or 2 and no ducks but dyed chicks were on sale for $1.50 so i couldnt resist i got 2 a blue one and a pink/black one

the owner {very old man} showed me how to hold them up and if they raise their feet up they are roos and if they just let their feet hang they are pullets supposedly i have 2 girls i hope so!!

outta my last 5 at least 3 are roos!!!
    im still not sure abt the other 2 they are much smaller then the others are and no red combs or waddles yet!!

ok i do have a ? for yall i need any and all info u can supply on ducks can i keep them with my chickens? will a kiddie pool be enough water till i get my pond fixed? and what exactly do they eat?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO YA'LL HAVE GAVE ME !!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Too Cute.. I still don't get the dyed chick thing...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Adorable babies! Yes, I keep my ducks in with my chickens and they are fine. You shouldn't have a problem. Let us know if the elderly gentleman was right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by