Pictures of my new little chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by auntbee, Jul 20, 2008.

1. auntbee

auntbee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2008
    These are the first chicks we've ever had, they seem to be doing well so I hope we're not messing this up! DH and I just love to sit and watch them, they are so cute! We got 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks, and 2 White Plymouth Rocks. Dh and I each named 3 (we are using them for eggs, unless one turns out to be a roo, then we can't keep him), see if you can guess which ones we each named [​IMG]

This is the feeder dh made for them, they love to jump on top of it
    [​IMG]

This is Mallow, Lulu, and Phoebe
    [​IMG]

This is Phoebe and Buffy sleeping
    [​IMG]

This is Buffy
    [​IMG]

This is Coco
    [​IMG]

This is Mallow
    [​IMG]

This is Nugget
    [​IMG]

2. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute...they grow so fast![​IMG] The watching only gets better trust me. Your little baby feeder is ingenius! They will outgrow it pretty fast - but hey - its disposable, can't beat that.

"Coco" is a great name...wish I'd thought of that for one of ours!

~Phyllis

3. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    How did you make the feeder? That is ingenious! I want to make one too.[​IMG]

4. auntbee

Jul 14, 2008
    Sorry it took so long to get back, dh made this little drawing of how he did the little feeder. They love to perch on it, so it's pretty gross by now, but it's worked wonderfully. Let me know if the drawing is confusing! We love watching our girls!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Very cute! My only suggestion is to watch your water bowl, sometimes chicks can fall in sideways and drown. It's happened to me a few times, even in shallow water, especially silkies. But you have some real cute fuzzybutts! [​IMG]

6. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    SOOOOO cute! I got mine last Wend. and I love them! We let them roam in the run, and we opened the door today and they ran out, and proceeded to run into the closed door......[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Sooooo CUTE! I can't wait only a few more days until my new babies come! Just waiting for the post office to call me!

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    so was it hubby who picked buffy, cocoa, and nugget? LOL seems like names that come from a man. [​IMG] Great looking birds! I think you may want to switch to pine shavings tho. SMELLY very soon if you use paper [​IMG] LOL

9. auntbee

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks, he picked Mallow (like marshmallow since she will be white) instead of Coco (I thought Coco and Lulu were so cute for the BR), but you did good! And we used the paper for the first day, then switched to paper towels when they started eating the paper. They are 10 days now, and we're gonna switch again soon!

Chicken_lover- mine LOVE being outside too. After bringing them back inside the first time, they peeped liked crazy, they wanted back out!

Chickenzoo- do you think they're old enough now that we don't have to worry about it? They're 10 days

10. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    the feeder is great.......good luck with the chickies, you'll do fine...Welcome to chicken farming

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by