Pictures of my new piggies (guinea pigs)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bossynbella, Aug 22, 2011.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    These two girls where advertised on craigslist for $50 with cage, I had noticed it a few weeks in a row so I decided to see if she would part with them for less. I got the two piggies and the awesome cage for $25. They are so HUGE! Suppose to be under a year in age, but we are their third home. The black and white one was called Panda and the brown and white one Lola. They are bigger then my almost two year old boar.
    Anyway here are the pictures, Lola is friendlier then Panda but neither mind being touched and held, hoping soon they will be as friendly as my stella is.

Panda and Lola
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Piggy and Stella's cage
    [​IMG]
    Piggy watching the newbies
    [​IMG]
    Piggy with Stella when she was a baby
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stella my pretty sow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stella and Piggy's first litter
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Real cute!

3. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Good job! They are so cute!

4. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    OMG sooo cute I love g pigs I have 3 (well I used to have tons more) we used to breed them when I was real lil mine are on my BYC page and website

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Uh, I LOVE GUINEA PIGS, I love guinea pigs, I love guinea pigs, I love guinea pigs, I love guinea pigs, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Did You Get Them From Mn?!?!?!

7. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Those are cute girls! are you going to try and breed them? I had a new litter born today.This is them and their mom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    OMG! those babies are so cute!
    I do plan to breed them with Piggy, they are all American cavies. I use to have an Abyssinian ( and a white crested, but sadly lost them two years ago. I love the baby piggies! Though Stella and Piggy's first litter had two white (one boy, one girl) and one white with a brown head (boy) I am hoping for more colors for their next litter, and I can't wait to see what Panda and Piggy babies will look like. Two of my first litter, the two boys, went to my niece so I still get to see them. They are so cute and friendly. Friendlier then mine are, of course she has two kids always loving on hers. What I would really like to do is introduce Piggy to one of his sons, so I can then keep the two of them separate from the girls without him pouting. When I got him I had him and his brother Dash. Then Dash just died one day (only like six months old?) Piggy ate hardly anything, and lost a ton of weight, we tried everything even took him to the vet who declared he was lonely. We tried adopting a boy pig, a young guy to befriend him, Piggy just chased him around all the time. We tried with an adult male, and they fought. So we gave in and bought Stella from a great breeder when she was a few months old. She will be a year in a couple months now, and I separated her and Piggy after her first litter. So he wouldn't re-breed her right away again, and he did the pouting thing again,I tried putting him in a cage right next to hers where they could see and hear each other. No luck. I ended up having him caged in her cage in a smaller cage so he could "speak" to her and be close, they would sleep on the wire in between each other. There just wasn't enough room for him though, and even though I would let him spend a few hours a day running in the exercise pen I hated him being cooped up like that. She never stopped eating, or seemed to care though she obviously enjoys his company. after a month I gave in and let them back together. Now we are expecting another litter of babies ( no worries we have plenty of good homes interested in them. But am hoping by allowing Piggy to grow up with a baby ( he never tried to hurt the boys from last litter when I would let them run in the exercise pen together) will give me a boar he might get along with, and I can also use the new boar with the two new girls. After this litter I will give Stella a long break, though she is such a great mommy!
    Sorry this is so long, just so excited about my Guinea pig journey! I love them, they are so awesome.

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Awe!! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    did you buy them from minnesota?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by