Pictures of my Orpingtons

KKluckers

Time Out
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
Thought I would share some of my Orps. they range from 3-1/2 months to 2 1/2 months.
Catalpa Boy # 1
Jan2008209.jpg

Catalpa boy #2
Jan2008210.jpg

Catalpa Girls:
Jan2008207.jpg

Jan2008205.jpg

One of Julies girls (bamachickens)
Jan2008204.jpg

My Splash roo and blue hen
Jan2008196.jpg

Jan2008189.jpg

I cant believe how big these chickens are getting. I do have one more blue roo but forgot to get his picture.

Super friendly. The roosters are big oafs. I love this breed for their disposition.

Thanks for sharing. It is really hard to tell on the Cockeral how they are shaping up till they reach at least 12 months. The hens look better after 18 months too

I agree you do have to be patient with this breed to mature. Totally worth the wait IMO.
Skeeter9_ I wish we could get English lines over here to
sad.png

I would LOVE more orpingtons! I have 3 Buff hens that are just SO sweet! Where did you guys get yours? Besides, obviously, Bama?

Quote:
I got my eggs from the famous Speckled hen, Bamachicken, and Jim Cox of WV (eggbid). When I hatched these I got Jims and the pullet I hatched from Speckledhens mixed up. So one of the two hens is Speckled's not sure which one.
hu.gif

Aren't they pretty! Your blue hen looks darker than mine; I just posted some pics in the "difference between blue & lavender" thread. It's interesting to see these differences.

Susan

Back
Top Bottom