Pictures of my 'Serendipity' Chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bleenie, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Love 'em! =D

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Like them

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Nice, but not my thing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hate 'em! >.<

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I brought home the "babies" my mother has been raising for me. they're still a couple months shy of laying but mom was itching to have chicks again! When she originally took them home she ended up with almost all of the chicks that I hatched but weren't full Wyandotte. I have decided to keep 3 of them for sure since they're very similar in type and color. They should make for a fun project later this year. For now I have decided to call them "Serendipity" chickens, since they turned out to be a very happy accident!

BLR patterned, single comb, (clean) yellow legs, beard-less, heavy breed. Calm, quiet pullets & cockerals. The hens should be good (future)layers and go broody a couple times a year but we will see for sure once they're older. :)

Their colors got washed out in the pictures but I would love to know what everyone thinks of them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    They're absolutely gorgeous! LOVE em!

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Thanks, everyone here thinks so too! I don't usually like sinlge-combed birds but these guys are delightful, their personalities are just so mellow and nosey [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Impressive!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Great looking flock!!! Congratulations!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by