Pictures of my Silkie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sweetpeasmom, Dec 6, 2008.

1. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    I have a little silkie that I think lost too much blood when I was helping her hatch out. I think this has made her a little special, touch in the head, or the r word if you know what I mean. She doesn't act like a normal chicken. She eats fine and drinks fine. She is growing properly it is just hard to explain. Has anyone else ever had a chicken that may have been mental challenged? I have tried to attach pictures of her. She is a joy to
    have around.[​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    She is very cute!
    I once had a cat that seemed a little mentally challenged, but not a chicken.
    Your silkie is special, what is her name?

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    So cute! [​IMG]

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    your silkie is just as cute as can be! The truly special ones are few and far between, I don't have any chickens right now that are challanged, but I have had a few over the years that still stand out in my mind and make me smile when I think about them.

5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Cute.

I don't have any that are special like that.

All though Oprah (black silkie) does have vision problems and will run after me as she sees me solely as a treat machine.

She even gets under foot CONSTANTLY.

6. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

I had two "special" silkies. The incubator was too hot and too cold, without me knowing until it was too late.

They had floppy toes, which was my first clue about the temps.

Over time I realized how nutty they were, after I got more chicks and saw how they acted in comparison. They were so DUMB! but adorable of course.

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol that is to cute

8. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I have three cross-beaked chickens, Two of them are not as severe and don't need my constant attention, but I have a white silkie rooster named Felix that I have to take out and feed separtly in a dish where he can scoop it without other chickens stealing it once or twice a day and it takes usually a hour before his crop is full.

9. sweetpeasmom

sweetpeasmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    I completly forgot to tell her name. It is SweetPea! She is the goofyest thing. She lives in the Barn in a rabbit hutch. She absolutely freaks out when she is put outside with the other chickens. She would hide all day long under a pallet. She would even come out to drink or eat. By the end of the day she would be so thristy and hungry. So we decided to just let her live in the barn. We choose another chicken to be with her so that she doesn't get lonely. Right now she has two friends with her. A little silkie/banty cross that is too cute and a grown silkie hen. The reason the grown silkie is with her is because she fell into a bucket of cold water a week ago and she just about was dead when I found her. She has really taken a liking to the heat lamp that is on them. Thanks everyone for looking at my picture of SweetPea!

10. ChickenGirl95

ChickenGirl95 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    New York
    She is so cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by