Pictures of my Wellies and Marans

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by L&Schickens, Feb 6, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    As some of you know I lost my champion Welsummer rooster to a raccoon last month. Well, lucky for me I put 8 eggs by him in the incubator and all 8 hatched! One did get stuck behind the light in the brooder and died, so I now have 7, but I am hoping that these babies will be show quality just likt their parents. I am also hoping for a little Wellington Jr. [​IMG]

Also, the Marans I got from Cree farm are getting big. I have all white ones, (Don't knwo if they will stay that color or not) 2 blue ones some wheatons and of course black coppers. I am down to 15 of them as some of the BC died.

Also, the lone silkie chick I hatched out that was suposed to be a Kentucky Speck is in with the Marans and doing great. I am bummed none of the Specks hatched, but am glad I got a slikie. [​IMG]

So, here they are:
    Wellies frist
    [​IMG]

The lone buff silkie
    [​IMG]

Blue Marans (A boy I bet [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

White Marans (I don't think she has any whites so I am not sure what color it will turn out to be but I have 2 of these)
    [​IMG]

Beautiful wheaton (I have several of these but this one has the best color so far)
    [​IMG]

and BC(I have a bunch of these)
    [​IMG]

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh you have beautiful babies. [​IMG] I bet you are proud of them. I hope you get a beautiful roo out of him. [​IMG]

3. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Thanks.
    All of the eggs I set were the darkest eggs, so I hope any pullets I get are dark layers like their mommy. [​IMG]

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Nice!

5. KellyandKatie

KellyandKatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    very cute! I am hoping to get some birds from Cree too- and they are actually local to me too!!

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

You really need to lift the light up in that brooder. Also go get a red heat lamp to put in there.

7. jeanniejayne

jeanniejayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    mid-Delaware
    I don't think this lady needs that advice, though I'm sure it was kindly meant. If I'm not mistaken, she has been showing chickens successfuly for some time. I think that first picture might have given the wrong impression.
    [​IMG]

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Was sorry to hear of your rooster. [​IMG] I hope you're not too discouraged.

I'm still trying to get more information on the Kentucky Specks (which is very hard to come by, I'm guessing because they are both rare and not recognized by either the APA or ABA)

Have you had a lot of problems with the KY Specks hatching? Were those from your birds or were they purchased hatching eggs?

(Den borrowing his wife's sign-in again)

9. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I am so sorry about your roo, your babies are so so cute and I hope you have a Jr. in there somewhere! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by