Pictures of new chicks from MPC, PIC HEAVY!!

Chickadee28

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Western IL
IMG_1872.JPG

Just opened the box

IMG_1877.JPG

DS loves the chicks!

IMG_1878.JPG

The brooder before they went in

IMG_1883.JPG

Getting settled in

IMG_1887.JPG

2EE's

IMG_1890.JPG

Cuckoo Marans

IMG_1893.JPG

2 silkies

IMG_1899.JPG

Pancho with the Buff Orp

IMG_1907.JPG

NN in front with the red sex link

Love the pic of the chick and dog! Is the other pic your son? Don't know which is cuter...the chicks or him!!
big_smile.png

From what I count, it looks like you were shipped 10 chicks? Is this correct?

When I was checking in to placing an order, it seemed like everyone required 25 chicks minimum. Did the place you order offer anything other than the "buff" Orpington?

-Rick

Quote:
I ordered 8 and received 9, they sent and extra cuckoo maran. My Pet Chicken only requires that you order 3 chicks. You can order directly through Meyer hatchery as well. I am not sure if they have any other colors of the Orpingtons available.

Rick,

Some places have a minimum order of 25. A few will ship you as few as you want but will charge you a bit extra for things like expidited shipping and a heating pack to ensure as best as possible safe delivery.

My Pet Chicken, Meyers Hatchery, and I think Privett have small order shipping.

My Pet Chicken as mentioned gets their chicks from Meyers and from what I can tell tacks on an additional few bucks for their profit. (I havent yet figured out the advantage to MYC vs. Meyers)????

I just ordered 9 chicks from Meyers. Will more than likely get 10.

The chicks cost about $25 bucks and the shipping and heating stuff another $25. No doubt it is pricey but for me to be able to select which breed I want, get pullets only, and have them delivered when I want it is worth it.

If the local feed stores were getting their orders sooner I would just order through them but I cant wait till April.

Back
Top Bottom