Pictures of our Flock of Muscovies!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bananarose24, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Bananarose24

Bananarose24 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Some of you may know, we had an attack last week by a hawk, 2 of our ducks were killed, one wound up having her wing amputated, and the 4th was unharmed.
    The one with the amputation is doing Great. And today we decided to go and get 3 more to add to our flock!

So, we have a total of 5-4 females, 1 male.. Here are some pictures!!!
    OH, we also built them a brand new enclosure due to the attack.. we're very proud of it.. and there is still a wee bit of work to be done, but, very minor things..
    Check it out! [​IMG]

This is their Enclosure:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top of it:
    [​IMG]

The inside:
    [​IMG]

This is Judy Duck--You cant tell her wing is missing in the pic:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see all of them fairly well..
    All the way on the left in Brown and White is QUACKEY
    The All Black Headed one is DUCK DUCK
    The all White Duck is GOOSE
    The Black Back w/White Head is JUDY DUCK Again
    The Speckled one black/white with lots of red on his beak is SALVADOR DUCKY--the Male

[​IMG]

Again:
    On the left Black/White is Judy Duck
    In front of her in Brown/White is Quackey (her sister)--these are the original 2 Girls.
    In front of her in all White is Goose
    In front of her Black Head, Black/White Body is Duck Duck
    Behind all of them, speckled is Salvador Ducky--if you look close you can see a tinge of the green in his black feathers--there is also some purple, but cant see it in the picture.
    [​IMG]

A few more pics just for fun:
    [​IMG]

My hand trying to catch them as they get away from me [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant get over how Gorgeous Salvador Ducky is!!!
    [​IMG]

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Your duck and enclosure is so great!

That being said, I would be so sad if I had to enclose my Muscovy's up. And believe me, I understand about the dangers. I live in the mountains of TN and we have bear, coyote, cougar, bobcat, eagle, hawks, raccoon, possum, you name it, living close by. We take plenty of precautions but nothing comes around during the day. At night, our Great Pyrenees patrols, and our Scovy's are locked in as the rest of our poultry.

You have some beautiful ducks and I'm so sorry that you lost some. I live on 35 acres and mine travel on about 5 acres of mine daily and bring their feathery butts back home around 6pm every night. LOL

Good luck!

Laurie

3. Bananarose24

Sep 13, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I dont like keeping them in an enclosure, but, I cant lose anymore of them. It tore me apart to lose the 2 we did.... we're pretty sure it was a hawk that got them.. and I never want to see something like that again.
    So, we do what we have to so they are safe.

4. Broodica

Broodica Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Looks great Banana! What a flock of beauties! I love the green feathers on Salvadore. How did they react to being put together? Any problems? Judy looks so sweet. I am so glad you were able to save her!

5. Bananarose24

Sep 13, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    The 2 girls we already had flocked to the male once we got them out of the igloo.. they went right to him.. Now all 5 are hanging out together out there..
    I'm just thrilled with how they are doing so far!

6. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG]... their pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by