and all of them in a pile under the lamp

Last edited:

eggchel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
Both Coasts
I was ooooing and ahhhhhing and saying "oh how cute"...... right up until the Turken pic. My My, I will just never get used to those poor things.
Just kidding! They are really sweet looking.

Chel

HuestisFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Fly Creek, NY
Quote:*haha* I know... I was the same way. They just look to me like mini-vultures... and I HATE vultures!

Last edited:

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I have a turken that is buff colored with black tips on her feathers, and a pink neck. She is tiny and FAST! She is the one that keeps me laughing. And her big black eyes looking at me when I pet her melt my heart. To see them is one thing, to know one is another. Funniest lookin things on the planet, but so sweet!!

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Aww, well it doesn't help that she looks so angry! She kept swakin and skwakin. She kept flying back to her sisters, she does not enjoy photo shoots
We were not planning on getting a Turken, but when I saw all of them running around I just HAD to have one! For some reason, I am always attracted to the silliest looking animals
I wanted a Polish too, but they were not sexed. I never knew that these breeds are born with bald necks and little mohawks!

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Yeah, when we first got ours, we thought the neck feathers would grow back -
How dumb were we??? When we finally figured it out, she had wormed her way into our hearts. That turken is a little juvenile delinquent.

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
That's hilarous
That's like our dog, my mom breed her and she started getting "round" so we thought she was pregnant. It turns out she was just getting fat!

Top Bottom