Pictures of our new babies!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebecca10782, Oct 9, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Here are our five new babies

Sicilia a Maran
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Siena a Buckeye
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emilia an EE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Josephine a Turken

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and

Stella (we don't know what she is)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and all of them in a pile under the lamp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Awww, cuute! I just love Emilia!! [​IMG]

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    I was ooooing and ahhhhhing and saying "oh how cute"...... right up until the Turken pic. My My, I will just never get used to those poor things. [​IMG] Just kidding! They are really sweet looking.

Chel

4. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Quote:*haha* I know... I was the same way. They just look to me like mini-vultures... and I HATE vultures! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have a turken that is buff colored with black tips on her feathers, and a pink neck. She is tiny and FAST! She is the one that keeps me laughing. And her big black eyes looking at me when I pet her melt my heart. To see them is one thing, to know one is another. Funniest lookin things on the planet, but so sweet!!

6. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Quote:That was my exact response too! I'm sure Josephine has a very nice personality...Love their names.

7. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] Aww, well it doesn't help that she looks so angry! She kept swakin and skwakin. She kept flying back to her sisters, she does not enjoy photo shoots [​IMG] We were not planning on getting a Turken, but when I saw all of them running around I just HAD to have one! For some reason, I am always attracted to the silliest looking animals [​IMG] I wanted a Polish too, but they were not sexed. I never knew that these breeds are born with bald necks and little mohawks!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yeah, when we first got ours, we thought the neck feathers would grow back - [​IMG] How dumb were we??? When we finally figured it out, she had wormed her way into our hearts. That turken is a little juvenile delinquent.

9. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    That's hilarous [​IMG] That's like our dog, my mom breed her and she started getting "round" so we thought she was pregnant. It turns out she was just getting fat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by