Pictures of our new coop used pallets before and after

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fried green eggs, May 20, 2012.

1. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Songster

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Well our Little Red Shed isn't little or red any more. Not done yet but heres a look
    This is the South end of the 8' x 14' shed we started with. The bottom was rotted so, we lifted it [​IMG]and cut out all the bad wood, put in a new floor, raised it and moved it 40' to make room for runs.
    [​IMG]
    This is from the front side before. Here is what it looks like now[​IMG]
    We cut into the roof and added a 6' x 14' wing on each side. We wanted the additions to be walk-ins so, we changed the roof pitch. The walls and floors of the each side addition is pallets. The windows and door came from Reuse Center the new door is a screen door insert we framed with 2x4s. We have vents under both over hangs. The inside is almost done. I will post pictures later of re-purposed items for nesting boxes. We still have [​IMG]
    pop doors and runs to put in and lots of clean up but now it matches our 2 other coops. [​IMG]

2. Kikiriki

Kikiriki Songster

May 26, 2011
    Roanoke County, Virginia
    Is that for chickens or are you taking in renters? Do you have an MLS listing yet? :lol:

Beautiful!

3. WalkingWolf1

WalkingWolf1 Songster

Feb 15, 2012
    Vermilion
    Very nice. It's really inspiring to see what folks can do with recycled material and a good imagination.

4. pennyjjog

pennyjjog Chirping

Mar 21, 2012
    Really nice..Amazing how you can re-purpose..

5. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Songster

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Thanks. One of my clients came in today and wants me to build her a house. [​IMG] Can't wait to show ya what I repurposed for nesting boxes. I already know my chickens approve of the new nesting boxes because they have already used them - when out free ranging and new coop wasn't enclosed yet - Only problem was we didn't know why there was so few eggs in their normal coops boxes. We found the missing eggs a few days later. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

6. The transition is amazing...what a cool idea and the change is just...WOW! [​IMG]

7. simplifylife

simplifylife In the Brooder

May 9, 2012
    South Eastern Mass
    Love it! Great job repurposing materials! We're doing the same with our new shed/coop combo.. almost everything is free! love it!

8. peckaboo

peckaboo In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    Race City USA
    Wow great job!

9. AMA Chick

AMA Chick Chirping

Apr 10, 2012
    Glasgow KY
    It's really beautiful!

10. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Songster