Pictures of Some of My Crew Today...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Aug 18, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I managed to get some better closeups of a couple of the youngsters (17 weeks old). These are the youngest ones of my flock of 28. My Speckled Sussex, Nelda, is in with the Ameraucana trio since there's no chance of mistaking her eggs for theirs if I'm collecting. Here are Nelda and the Ameraucanas (sounds like a pop group, LOL) Silver was very curious, unlike her normal self, but Charlotte, who usually comes right over, was hiding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Scout, future sire of my Ameraucana babies with Silver & Charlotte:
    [​IMG]
    Miranda and Caroline, my only Brahmas, are Suede's girls.
    [​IMG]
    Iris loves the Coke crate nest I put down just for her, but others are also laying in it. Must be alot cooler.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Nice lookin' chickens, Cynthia! Thanks for sharing!

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    All very nice and I love the Brahmas. I have to try and get some of them next. Not only is Suede handsome but he has some cute women too.
    I have one Speckled Sussex and she is the most vocal of all my girls. Always has something to say and talking up a storm.

4. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Beautiful birds speckled! I love the silver coloring.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Cynthia....I just have to say...I could sit here and look at pics of your birds ALL day.....some times it feel like all day to load pics...but I just know, the waite is WELL worth it! BEAUTIFULL birds!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a nice thing to say, Deb! Thank you all. Schmoo, I love Silver's coloring, too. Charlotte is just a shade darker in her body and her head is larger and darker. They just turned 17 weeks old and already, someone wants hatching eggs from them. I hope they produce some beautiful babies.

7. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    So glad to see those pics. It turns out I have 2 of them. I thought they were a weird mix. I ordered an assortment from Meyer Hatery and ended up getting a lovely assortment. Barred Rocks, White Rocks, Partridge Rocks, RIR, Buff Orpington,and black ones that could be Jersy Giants or Australorps. Not really sure on those. I also have 2 silkies (white) that I recieved later. They are the bosses now. And 1 turned out to be a roo. Sparks:clap

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Silver is beautiful! They all are! Lovely pictures. I love seeing yours.

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I love seeing beautiful healthy birds. They just look wonderful. Very pretty. And the pictures turned out great.

10. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    I love Nelda! The next chicks I want are Plymouth Rocks and Speckled Sussex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by