pictures of the new guys, and old ones too.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by L&Schickens, Aug 15, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I got several new chickens last week.

Goldie, my 6 y/o Serama hen hatched off 7 babies. All the eggs hatched. This is her first hatch ever!!
    [​IMG]

Baby Sarge, daddy to the new chicks.
    [​IMG]

Wellington, our new 4 month old Welsummer roo. I got 2 hens with him too. I already had 3 hens of the same age, so yeah!
    [​IMG]

New golden bantam Phoenix and silver hen. I had 6 but 4 got out in the early morning and were imediatly eaten by something.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A bantam buff Cochin roo, Snuffy. We are keeping him, at least for a little while.
    [​IMG]

Snuffy's wife (We already had her and she was our only Cochin) Fluffy. I don't know how they will cross, but I hope he can put more "Fluff" on the chicks then Fluffy has.
    [​IMG]

A resident Indian Blue Peacock
    [​IMG]

My friend's EE roo, Sunshine with the full brother to the new Serama chicks. He is 5 months old now. Sweety Pie was incubated. He is TINY!! I am debating keeping him or not.
    [​IMG]

A D'Cuu?? roo. He is going to be sold tomorrow. He is very friendly though.
    [​IMG]

Here he is with a black Dutch, who will be sold tomorrow too.
    [​IMG]

2. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I love all of your pictures [​IMG]. I am wondering what type of chickens are the black and white laced hens in the picture with Snuffy's wife, Fluffy. Such pretty lacing!

3. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Those are Silver Seabrights! We love them, but have no roo for them. No matter, we are keeping them any way. [​IMG]

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Goldies babies are soooo cute! Baby Sarge is one cool looking Roo. He almost looks like a patchwork quilt.
    Great pictures!! Mine must be camera shy. Every time I bring out the camera, they turn their heads away- IF they are even staying still emough for a pic.

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    oh they are so cute

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH that Serama roo is amazing! I have a Serama roo...he is getting pretty cute too. Black and white mostly...he does have a little feather footyness going on tho [​IMG] Have no clue why! LOL He's just a pet so I love him anyway [​IMG]

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I have raised a lot of Seramas and non ever had feathering. Don't know where that came from. Interesting.
    We love our little roos. Baby Sarge is beautiful for sure. I had a white Serama roo who I LOVED but sold him when we moved out here. Goldie and Baby Sarge got to come with us. I am so glad about that.

This is Snowball. He was a beauity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  8. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Sarge made POW and he is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!

they are all beautiful chickens!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    That peacock picture is frame worthy! Awesome!

10. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Yeah! I am so happy about that too. I submitted that picture a while ago but didn't think it wouls make it. Yeah! My son is very happy about his little roo being POW too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by