Pictures of the new horse, Cheyenne.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here's a few pictures of the new horse we bought last week. These pictures were taken about two days after we bought her. She still needs a hoof trimming which will hopefully get done this weekend or sometime next week. The pictures aren't the greatest, but at least you can see her color! She is currently about 14.1H and she will be two in mid May. I'm hoping she will grow to about 15 Hands or so, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Enjoy the pictures!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oh she is gorgeous!

3. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    shes very nice,she should go 15HH for you..pretty head,nice legs,nice hip..

4. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I [​IMG] her coloring!! Congratulations!!

5. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    beautiful horse [​IMG]

6. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Oh yes she is gorgeous!! I do love coloureds!! What do you call them in America? Paints?? We call them Piebald!![​IMG]

7. twinlights

twinlights Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    She is very beautiful! Congratulations!

8. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    She is absolutely beautiful. I love her head and hip line. I think in time she will be a great horse for you congrats!

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you everyone!

I'm really really missing her right now. I have a few more weeks before I can go home, but my dad updates me with her progress and she's been doing so well!

I looked up her papers online and was able to see some pictures of her sire/dam. Seems like she has a pretty decent background, going back several generations. Some of the other foals out of the pair were selling for about $600-$1000. We paid $500, so at least I don't feel like we overpaid! Of course, here in NJ...that is incredibly easy to do!

I love the look of her face. She just has really sweet eyes. We absolutely feel in love with her personality, but its nice to hear we got a well built horse out of the deal too! [​IMG] I can't wait to see how she develops over the next few years. I also can't wait until she sheds out her winter coat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by