Pictures of Wild Ckickens Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chic CAN, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Chic CAN

Chic CAN The Wisdom Chaser Premium Member

OK catch and pic of wild chickens or unknowns post them here, maybe even see if they could be identified. I'll Start.

Wild Rooster Kuaii HI

[​IMG]

2. foxy2320

foxy2320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Oregon
    Wow, that is a beautiful bird! I didn't even realize that there are wild ones around. One of mine disappeared in broad daylight, I assumed predator because chickens don't usually decide they'd have it better somewhere else, but I guess it's possible!

3. Chic CAN

They are all over, less common than about 20 years ago. I consider them wild if they aren't owned/tended too. In LA cali there were wild bands of chickens in the city suburbs. But developmental crowding killed the chickens and also deminished the wild parrot population.

4. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    lol. I keep hearing people say that wild parrot problem is better but I hear those gosh dern things everyday.

The first month I moved to LA I was waiting in line at a drive through McD's and there were 4 or 5 chickens in the parking lot eating trash. Everyone just walked by like it was not usual at all. This city is crazy.

5. Chic CAN

lol, well there used to be more of them. I kind of miss it, we'd go egg hunting as kids and try to catch the very pretty roosters. I got one once! He was deep deep red and had a muticolored tail that was dominant with green and it dragged on the ground behind him. He never tried to attack amazingly, he was more of a runner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by