PICTURES! serama's + (uh, REALLY pic heavy . . .)

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
P5110183.jpg

the fella on the left is one of my FAVORITE chickens - he's so cool i call him "the fonz". the little hen (?) on on the right is from the same hatch (frank's eggs) and is the smallest of all of my seramas.
P5110150.jpg

here's another pic of the little hen with her tail up. cute no?
P5110284.jpg

and another of her sitting in my hand with a soda can for size comparison.
P5110323.jpg

here's one of the fonz sittin' on my hand.

P5110132.jpg

P5110094.jpg

this is a pic of a very pretty roo who came out of my january hatch (eggbid eggs). he is getting larger than i hoped but he is going to have a fantastic tail.

P5110119.jpg

this is midnight, a completely black hen. she is super friendly but is a larger gal.

P5110108.jpg

this is lacey - on the left - and my little birchen roo on the right. as you can see they are friendly to the point of being nosey! (jan hatch)

P5110097.jpg

this is another really super friendly roo - velcro. guess why i call him that? his coloring is neat - creamy with a very light yellow shade on his tail and cape.

P5110213.jpg

P5110229.jpg

here's group pics of babies i hatched from frank's eggs plus their silkie mama along with on of SnM's showgirl/silkies and my buttercup/silkie mix.

P5110244.jpg

this is frack, isn't he handsome?

P5110018.jpg

this is frack's best buddy frick.

P5110348.jpg

here's a beautiful little hen from frank's eggs. i have no idea what this color/pattern is called but i love it! she is really small and is quite charming.
here she is with the fonze
P5110375.jpg

P5110396.jpg

silkie/with buttercup/silkie X with serama.

P5110247.jpg

pretty lacey! (jan hatch)

P5110068.jpg

give us those worms!!!!

P5110065.jpg

a handsome couple.

P5110078.jpg

jumpin for worms action shot!

P5110369.jpg

oh my gosh, i almost forgot my little silkied serama girl (frank's eggs). this picture DOES NOT do her justice, she is so adorable it freaks me out. she is super shy but i'm hoping to bribe her into being my friend with meal worms and other yummies. i'm still looking for a name for her.

okay, i know it's alot of pics but they've been a long time coming!

(edited for spelling and punctuation and it's probably still full of errors!
smile.png

Last edited:
thanks ft!
big_smile.png

i'm such a proud mama. like one of those crazy new parents that makes people look at ALL of their baby pics!

You have some cute birds! I like seeing Seremas around other objects, it gives me a better idea of their scale. Are they calm chickens? (they are obviously tame)

hi josie!
thank you.
you know, i don't have experience with many chicken breeds but so far my seramas strike me as being pretty calm. they are pretty curious and really brave especially for their size. when i go out to let them out to freerange they all run up to the coop door and they aren't even freaked out by the dogs. they DO get a bit nervous when planes and helicopters fly over us (we live close to a freeway interchange so we get the helicopters at traffic/news time) but that makes sense in that chickens have to be on the constant look out for flying predators.
so i guess overall i'd say that yes, they are calm chickens.
smile.png

Your chickens are all gorgeous and they look so friendly!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics!
smile.png

great pictures and you have answered my suspisions that my two older seramas are both males ow-well:/ they are just so cute
big_smile.png
and i love them great pictures

Back
Top Bottom