PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, May 30, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I've been feeling bad for my chickens. They ate every bit of life in their 40'x50' yard. We have fenced of an area for our goats (that we're getting in 7 weeks [​IMG] ) and figured it would be ok for the chickens to go out in that area in the evenings before bed time a forage a bit.

THEY HAD A BALL!!!! They ran out of that chicken yard as soon as I held the door open for them. They will be sleeping well tonight with crops full of grass and fresh bugs and we'll enjoy bright orange yolks again.

I had to fix a part of the fence after I realized they could get through it. I was working on it and felt something warm on my hand...I cut myself:
    (Imagine a bloody hand pitcure here, deleted because of it being to graphic)

Here's their barren wasteland of a chicken yard:
    [​IMG]

Here's what it used to look like last summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GRASS!!!!:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finding bugs:
    [​IMG]

Walking with their man:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lt Colonel Bok Bok (Dominique):
    [​IMG]

Then as the sun started to go down and DH went to refill their feeder for the next day the chickens ran back into their yard:
    [​IMG]

That's it...thanks for looking!

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oh look at Bok Bok! He's so beautiful. He has those long tail feathers like Hotwing.

3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I love his tail feathers. I save them when they fall out.

4. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    How did your little blind one do on the outing?

Jacie

5. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:She's doing great. She doesn't eat grass though and the others pick on her so she had to stay in her yard today.

6. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:She's doing great. She doesn't eat grass though and the others pick on her so she had to stay in her yard today.

Awwwww Well I'm glad she's doing okay. I think about her alot when I look at mine and wonder how she is.

7. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, this may be a stupid question but I have to ask anyway. Have you thought about laying some sod in their run to replenish their greenery? I wonder if it would works.[​IMG] It might be worth a try. I know you can't reseed because they'd just eat it. Just a suggestion.

8. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Great pics! And gorgeous kids!
    Sorry about your hand. [​IMG]

9. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:It may work. Sod here is pricey though.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Wow graphic pic! [​IMG] Did you bleed to death? Nice looking chickens. They look happy and healthy to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by