1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pig feed Q

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Gumdrops, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Gumdrops

Gumdrops Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    Wittmann, Arizona
    Do I need to moisten my piglets food? I bought them pig grower, it actually looks alot like layer pellets. I am just wondering if I should make it a little moist for them. Thanks

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I don't think you have to moisten it but mine love it sloppy so I always wet it down.

3. Gumdrops

Gumdrops Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    Wittmann, Arizona
    Thanks Ozark Hen, I will try that and see if they eat a little better. I did find something to do with my broken eggs that I find. They love them!

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    You are welcome. Mine ate just about anything I put in there. I fed them twice a day with this "gruel" mixture. If they left any then I waited until they finished it up. My dh cut a 55 gal. plastic barrel in half longways and secured it to a wooden frame so it would sit heavily on the ground but they still managed to lift it. they climbed inside to eat and therefore got their food very muddy. They are after all...............pigs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by