pig fence/hoop tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TyrannosaurusChix, Sep 6, 2010.

1. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    It needs tweaking, but it is movable with two people lifting. Theye been out there going on 2 days, which havve been chilly- hence the heat light-- see the poop already!? LOL I will have to move the light tonight and get maybe another day out of it then move it. DH and i are figuring out a wheel solution that would be best so i can moe it myself.

It is 16'X8'. They are very content in it, except when lillie( my white dog) somes out to check them out then they all run, and since she is attatched to my butt, i couldnt get a pic of them before she scared them all into a corner! she eyes the meaties! LOL

I know its not secure or even totally fenced in.. Let's leave that alone, please.. as it was already a lengthy discussion with dh. we have been lucky not to have predators and such so far with any of our birds so far....

the tarp is positioned so it bears all of the wind we get and so they only get morning sun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. 9 Feathers Farm

9 Feathers Farm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    St Johns, MI
    Looks good. I really like the hoop coops for meat birds. Going to try to build one next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by